PDA

View Full Version : Neat idea by Hilton Head, SC LCO

GTLC
04-21-2005, 10:14 PM
I am on vacation for the week in Hilton Head Island, SC. There are definitely some beautiful homes and landscapes down here. I am staying in one of the plantations down here, and it is full of lagoons and ponds in backyards. Alligators are everywhere. No wonder they don't mow very close to the water. Everywhere you look on a weekday there are LCO's everywhere.

Anyway, the LCO hired for where I am staying left a little card indicating his company, address, etc, along with the customer name, and a checksheet of the work he performed. They leave it on the door. I never thought about this, it seems like a good idea. Does anybody else leave notesheets or cards for the customer???

gogetter
04-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Anyway, the LCO hired for where I am staying left a little card indicating his company, address, etc, along with the customer name, and a checksheet of the work he performed. They leave it on the door. I never thought about this, it seems like a good idea. Does anybody else leave notesheets or cards for the customer???

Not to sound like a smart ass, but.....why?

TURF DOCTOR
04-21-2005, 10:52 PM
That is a great idea but what if by chance you forget

DGM
04-22-2005, 07:15 AM
Yes every visit we leave a site work sheet with our Logo, addy, phone #, & showing what time we were there who was on the property and what we did (check sheet)

PMLAWN
04-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Two things.
I try to leave a door hanger to let them know we were there but more to give them a number to call if they have a problem. I tell all my customers to call right away if something is not done and will try to fix it right away. Can't let bad feelings fester.

#2 How do you get a vacation in spring?????

BSDeality
04-22-2005, 09:50 AM
I try to leave a door hanger to let them know we were there but more to give them a number to call if they have a problem.Shouldn't they have your phone number anyways? it should be on every invoice and piece of paper you give them. It just seems like unneeded overhead to me.

If they cannot tell we were there to mow the lawn (pattern changes every week) or prune the bushes... :sleeping:

GTLC
04-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Two things.
I try to leave a door hanger to let them know we were there but more to give them a number to call if they have a problem. I tell all my customers to call right away if something is not done and will try to fix it right away. Can't let bad feelings fester.

#2 How do you get a vacation in spring?????

They do fert and insecticide too, forgot to mention that...

#2- I have an associate answer the phone for me. It's one more week till mowing in VT.

PMLAWN
04-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Shouldn't they have your phone number anyways? it should be on every invoice and piece of paper you give them. It just seems like unneeded overhead to me.

If they cannot tell we were there to mow the lawn (pattern changes every week) or prune the bushes... :sleeping:

Yes they do but most people will not go look for a # if they have to. They will just be mad and if that keeps happening they may leave. I try to get to all accounts at least every other week but if homeowner is not home it may be 2-3 months before i talk to them.

Also we do lawn care so we have to leave paperwork.

PMLAWN
04-22-2005, 12:13 PM
#2- I have an associate answer the phone for me. It's one more week till mowing in VT.
Wow been mowing 6 weeks already!
Enjoy.

Green Pastures
04-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Gators! ;)

Call me a pansy but I aint mowing no property with gators on it.

;)

jim dailey
04-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Gators! ;)

Call me a pansy but I aint mowing no property with gators on it.

;)

OK, you asked for it: "PANSY".