PDA

View Full Version : Estimation on a Landscaping Job

Lowe Mowing
04-22-2005, 05:07 PM
How much would estimate this landscaping job for? 4 bushes need to be removed from the area and they are full grown. The front yard needs to be tilled up into fine pieces of dirt and the yard takes 4 minutes to mow with the wright stander that i got. (Kind of giving you an idea on how big the front yard really is). Then black dirt needs to be deposited in the flower beds where the bushes came from. Then i have to plant grassweed and make green grass come up. The thing is, this would be my first big landscaping job and im not sure how much to charge. I am estimating that it will take me about 7 hours to complete and i have all the equipment. I was think around $700. Too low or high???? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mo Green
04-22-2005, 05:28 PM
What is Grassweed?

I think the best time to start a new lawn is in the fall, unless you are installing sod.

Lowe Mowing
04-22-2005, 06:05 PM
i mean grass seed....ok thanks for the info

sheshovel
04-24-2005, 07:29 PM
There's a bit more to installing a new lawn from seed than that so suggest you do a little study on it 1st. sheshovel

finallyfree
04-24-2005, 08:28 PM
I hand seeded my own yard when I built my house 1/2 acre but I was willing to wait a couple of years for it to look like it was sodded since I was going to be the one making it look like I wanted to but as far as costumers go, I ask right of the bat, hydro or sod... only had 4 or 5 ask me in the last 5 years to hand seed and I said no

JTHutch
04-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Unless the lawn is very uneven I would skip the tilling and just aerate, overseed and power rake or use a power overseeder. This way you have some cover and a rain won't wash your seed as easy. Maybe with weed killer first if there a lots of weeds. It can work in spring but fall is the best time to seed.