PDA

View Full Version : 4-8" of SNOW in Michigan

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
04-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Unfricking real. By Sunday night, we are going to get 4-8" where I live, wont get out of the 40s til Monday I think. Can you believe this crap? I got 1 week in mowing since nothing was growing because of the lack of moisture all of April, only 2 days of rain before today and then we socked with this crap? I just put down 20 lbs of seed on my front yard in spots that did not come back from last fall when I did my entire front yard after having 3 trees cut down. I got a party tomorrow and the NFL draft and I am not getting out my snow blower and shovel for anyone. Screw it, it can melt on its own. I wonder how much my seed is going to be affected, probably will not take now with this crap coming my way or how much it might affect the grass growing process in the next week or two.

nobagger
04-22-2005, 06:29 PM
I hear ya Matt. I guess we are supposed to get over 4" in NWPA over Sat night into Sunday. I have 4 bigger landscape jobs and smaller cleanup jobs lined up also for this weekend. I couln't belive the forcast un-*&%^$##$% belivable! :realmad: :angry: The only good thing is that if anyone calls for snow plowing my plow is ready to mount and only takes a second to do, but you can bet they are going to pay top dollar. ;) payup

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
04-22-2005, 06:32 PM
I would charge triple price. But I am not doing a damn thing. I got too much else going on to even consider snow blowing this weekend.

marko
04-22-2005, 06:44 PM
If you just put the seed down it will be fine.

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
04-22-2005, 06:51 PM
I put it down on Wednesday night. The incredible crappy thing is it was 85 on Monday and Tuesday. I hate Canada.

sailinstud420
04-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Tell, me about it. I am contracted to do two cuts in april, so of course with all this dry weather i have been waitin till the last two weeks of april. We got all that frickin rain and about 4 of my customers I swear dumped extra fert and turned on their sprinklers to run all day long, the grass is a foot tall, lol. I got 3 lawns in yesterday between school and another job that I had to be at at 5:00 (i quit too!!) and I wanted to do the rest today, now it looks like I am going to start monday and be out again friday doing it all over! Screw the weather. I winterized the snowblowers and the shovels are far out of sight, if it snows im melting it with a hair dryer....

you know what they say, "$%^$ happens."

MOW ED
04-22-2005, 07:25 PM
You have no control over it. The snow is a great reason to take a break, you know it will melt fast and then your back in business.
By the way, I'm across the lake to your west and I am glad the front passed me by but I feel for ya if its runing your day.
We had snow last year at this time so I guess Mother Nature decidede to give you a little this year. Make some snow angles.

Runner
04-22-2005, 09:34 PM
It is now 8 to 12" for Sunday.

David Grass
04-22-2005, 09:44 PM
well, on an up note for ya, grass seed LOVEs snow this time of year, so probably gonna germinate really well>

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-22-2005, 09:47 PM
I know they were calling for a chance of snow up here tooo. So what was with that I hate Canada comment?

Green Pastures
04-22-2005, 09:56 PM
You could always move........

dcondon
04-22-2005, 10:33 PM
It is now 8 to 12" for Sunday.

I talked to Tiedeman tonight and he told me the same thing :angry:

jtkplc
04-22-2005, 11:07 PM
yeah, this snow crap wasn't welcome news to me. I hope they blew this forecast and we don't get any snow or very little that doesn't stick. If we do get it, I'm sure it will push me back at least a week.

GreenQuest Lawn
04-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Only thing I am mad about is I am too far West to get the big snow. Only calling for a dusting to maybe an inch here. I do not get mad about this kind of thing, in fact I would love to see a foot of snow at the end of April. I had work scheduled for the weekend but what a GREAT excuse to not work!

Hey the work will still be there on Monday.

I will stay home and spend time with the wife and kids.

woodycrest
04-22-2005, 11:13 PM
I put it down on Wednesday night. The incredible crappy thing is it was 85 on Monday and Tuesday. I hate Canada.

hey , hey...be nice!

Its not Canada's fault...its mother nature.. :waving:

MowerMoney
04-23-2005, 12:12 AM
..LOL... What's Canada got to do with your snow problem? You think we manufacture it up here and use big fans to blow it down your way? We're getting lots of rain and cool weather but no snow forecasted. We sent it all your way. heeheehee

rodfather
04-23-2005, 07:53 AM
I talked to Tiedeman tonight and he told me the same thing :angry:

Where is Troy these days btw...haven't seen him around at all?

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
04-23-2005, 09:21 AM
You mean you Canadians dont have big fans blowing snow and crappy weather our way? LOL

Dogbonz
04-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Thats funny My tv weather guy said it was all canadas fault! =D
(I'm going out to make some yellow snow!) :0)