PDA

View Full Version : Downspout estimate ?

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
I have a potential customer who has a leaking down spout on the front of his house. Right now he has a downspout drainage tube that connects to a pvc setup that is cemented into the front porch. Problem is water is settling where the drainage tube and the pvc connect. The pre-existing down spout is not burried and kinda angles back toward the house which might be the problem. I also noticed the cement around the pvc system is wet which makes me think the system might be cracked inside the porch. In any case he wants me to burry a new drainage pipe that connects the pvc system to the front lawn. The pipe needs to go under a patio walkway that is 4 feet wide.

Materials would cost me about $18. What would you charge for this install?

sheshovel
04-24-2005, 07:12 PM
1st make sure the customers idea is really gonna fix the problem when done.Then reangle the downspout to see if that corrects the problem.Your re-routing the roof downspout so it drains onto the lawn?Or into another line that runs under the lawn?It's not always as easy as it looks to get lines under walkways,And if you have to contend with overpour underthere it's bad.I would start with a est of $75.00 and tell him it may go higer depending on what you run into under there.But make sure the fix is really gonna be a fix 1st.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
04-24-2005, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=sheshovel]Your re-routing the roof downspout so it drains onto the lawn?Or into another line that runs under the lawn?[QUOTE]

Im installing a line that runs from the pvc system that comes out the front of the porch that goes under a patio walkway and into the lawn.

Thanks for the reply.