PDA

View Full Version : Really blew it!!

cmorris
04-24-2005, 09:24 PM
I just started with a new apartment complex this spring. Things have gotten off to a rocky start. Got the spring cleanup contract finished late. (their fault) Anyway, the manager calls me friday and says that the district manager is coming in on Monday. She says she hopes that I can get the 22 yds of mulch in by then. She wants dark mulch, I have to pay 7.00 more per yd to get it because my discounter is not open on weekends late. So we busted our tails in the cold,windy rain to get this job done. Well guess what, mulch lightened up in color when it dried. So now I am afraid she is going to be upset with the job, what would you do???

sheshovel
04-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Don't worry about something that hasen't happened yet.You did the best you could under the circumstances,that's all you can be expected to do.District managers don't give much notice so you did her a big favor going out and doing it like that.I would charge her accordingly.You should not do emergency call in for free.

finallyfree
04-24-2005, 09:39 PM
With all the rain it will get a good soaking maybe just in time to look dark :D

pjslawncare/landscap
04-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Just send them all pairs of "complimentary" dark sunglasses :cool:

cmorris
04-26-2005, 11:26 PM
They loved it, have no idea what happened. Got a call from them yesterday telling me we blew them away getting so much done in horrible conditions. My prayers were answered. Hope that never happens again

desertrat
04-26-2005, 11:39 PM
I can't count the times I have lost sleep worring about a job, and in the end it works out fine. I had a dream the other night that we were installing deco rock and all my wheel barrows fell apart as we loaded them. I am trying to realize that I need to relax, work hard, trust God and things usually work out fine.

sheshovel
04-27-2005, 10:19 PM
SEEEE SHEEESHOVEL right again!!!