PDA

View Full Version : Rakin' in the Benjamins

Scag52
04-26-2005, 08:55 PM
About 13 years ago my dad painted a landscapers mowers. The guy who owned the mowers didn't have the money to pay him back. So he gave him a 52" Scag. When i was 13 I decided to cut 4 yards including my lawn. I live in a nice neighborhood with pretty large houses and yards. There is a TON of business around me. It is amazing how many people hire companies to cut there lawns around here. Anyways, i cut those 4 yards for 2 years and $20 a piece making very good money for how young I was. Now I'm 15 years old and cut 7 residential yards full time for $22 a piece. I look at all my friends and laugh at them for having jobs at golf courses and restaurants, working longer (not harder though) than i do and making less. My small business is a success and i think I do a good quality job. My lines are always straight (I'm picky about how my lines are, they must be straight or I'll redo it), I edge and also leaf blow. From the looks of it i may have a future in lawn maintenance. Next summer I want to increase my business into maybe 15-20 lawns. ( I will be driving next summer.)