PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on drain tile

naturalimage
04-26-2005, 10:59 PM
what are you guys charging for installing 4" drain pipe per foot, labor only.

hollywood
04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
installing 4" drain tile would be billed as time and materials, approxmately 38 -45 dollars per man hour, more if a trencher is used. hope this helps.

olderthandirt
04-27-2005, 11:10 PM
what are you guys charging for installing 4" drain pipe per foot, labor only.
Don't charge for labor only, let them hire a handyman to just dig if thats all they need. If I install the tile its $5.50 a ft including materials.

JTHutch
04-29-2005, 05:51 PM
I charge $8 per foot. This covers any large roots I may have to chop out

NickN
04-30-2005, 11:31 AM
$20 per foot.That includes pipe,backhoe,gravel,pipe sock,seperating fabric,cutting out sod and re installing,and backfilling.If all they need is a solid pipe discharging from downspouts,$10 per foot,which includes trencher,pipe,and installation,backfill.

o-so-n-so
04-30-2005, 02:06 PM
I am pricing out a french drain job that is going to be approx 366'. I going to rent my digger and sod cutter. After all my calculations and figuring best i know how..I came up with $17.00 a liner foot that includes everything except unforeseen expenses. (like a huge boulder that my digger can't move)

366' for $6,222.00 could be a little low. I can make it work if I manage my job right. Must be productive with rented equipment at that price.

NickN
05-01-2005, 11:24 AM
o-so-n-so,
Rent a backhoe with a front end loader.Also,have someone follow you with a trailer down the length of the trench.AS you're removing the soil with backhoe,unload it into trailer(preferably a dump trailer).Use the front end loader to move your gravel when the trench is dug and for backfilling.Makes things much faster and easier.You'll have less than $800 dollars in equipment,gravel,and pipe,so you'll make a nice profit at your price.I'd figure 2 to 3 days for a french drain that long.Don't forget to keep that sod watered during the day and compact the soil and gravel to prevent settling down the road.

ed2hess
05-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Irrigation trencher works for a 6" line and it sits the soil along side. A couple guys can clean up the trench to size. You didn't say how deep you are going but trencher can get it down about 12". Sometimes we use manpower and dig by hand. All the irrigation guys dig by hand unless they get in rock then you need the rock saw.