PDA

View Full Version : The original front caster lockdown

rookiemower
04-27-2005, 05:40 PM
I not looking to start a war. but I have been thinking about this for so long and it bothers me. About one year ago i posted pictures of a front caster lockdown that i had made. Drive in, slide a pin in, and go. it was simple. Alot of members thought the idea was silly. But about 6 months later Mark from prolockers came out with his front caster lockdown. Now I AM NOT aiming this at Mark, and in NO WAY am i saying he stole my idea. His design is different and a bit better but many critisized my idea saying they did not want holes in there trailer floor, and that it was to bulky. When Prolockers came out they where praised; when i had the concept posted 6 months or more before mark ever started selling his. The thread is gone now because i actually asked Sean to delete so now one would steal the idea. I just had to write this when i went to my dealer the other day and saw a prolocker. The ideas never stop though and a few months from now i will blow you guys away with a new landscape inovation. This time its under wraps :cool2:

Tider6972
04-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Keep those ideas churning, rookiemower !

Sounds like a tough break, but at least you learned to keep 'em under your hat until you protect them in the future.

Good luck!

MOW ED
04-28-2005, 07:09 AM
What else are you thinking about? I have a patent attorney sitting next to me. :waving:

olderthandirt
04-28-2005, 08:42 AM
I not looking to start a war. but I have been thinking about this for so long and it bothers me. About one year ago i posted pictures of a front caster lockdown that i had made. Drive in, slide a pin in, and go. it was simple. Alot of members thought the idea was silly. But about 6 months later Mark from prolockers came out with his front caster lockdown. Now I AM NOT aiming this at Mark, and in NO WAY am i saying he stole my idea. His design is different and a bit better but many critisized my idea saying they did not want holes in there trailer floor, and that it was to bulky. When Prolockers came out they where praised; when i had the concept posted 6 months or more before mark ever started selling his. The thread is gone now because i actually asked Sean to delete so now one would steal the idea. I just had to write this when i went to my dealer the other day and saw a prolocker. The ideas never stop though and a few months from now i will blow you guys away with a new landscape inovation. This time its under wraps :cool2:
I remember the thread and the pics you included and thought it was a great IDEA !!! So great in fact that I made a few for myself :D Praise is great to get but cash is better next time spend the money on a patent or at least SELL your idea. I'll give you $25 for the next invention you come up with payup
BTW- it was a great Idea and I do appreciate you posting it.

jim dailey
04-28-2005, 10:16 AM
What else are you thinking about? I have a patent attorney sitting next to me. :waving:

Have that patent attorney pm me with his contact info. I may need his services. I want to fly him out to a job, immediately.

Itsgottobegreen
04-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Have that patent attorney pm me with his contact info. I may need his services. I want to fly him out to a job, immediately.

You aren't the only one. I keep them busy for months with the stuff I got around here.