PDA

View Full Version : Money Producers

A+ Lawncare
04-29-2005, 07:25 PM
wondering on what type of job in the green indusrty benefits/makes the most money.... Just trying to get some broad answers from as many ppl i can.....

whether it be the fall w/fall cleanup like collecting leaves or in the winter when you have to push snow.... or the spring & summer when its grass cutting time or maybe its mulching.... :)

A+ Lawncare
04-29-2005, 08:04 PM
IMO i would think small residential leaf cleanups during the fall and spring would produce the most..... b/c an average lawn like an 1/4 size acre you could charge about $50 for cleanup and only be there for 15-25mins.... knock 2 out in an hr and you make $100..... thats an $800 day :)

but then in the summer i'de say mulch b/c solo you can spread 2-3 yrds of mulch an hr without over working yourself and make about $125-$145 an hr.....

lqmustang
04-29-2005, 08:58 PM
For me mulch is my most profitable service. If you want to include snow plowing tho, there isn't much that can touch the money made there if you do it right. Easily $100/hr or better and all you have to do is drive around. payup

hole in one lco
04-29-2005, 09:05 PM
If your smart you'll set it up to make money all year . I do clean ups, mulch, and edging it spring. Landscapes, ponds, and patios in sumer. lawn installs, cleanups in the fall. fertilizing all year.

SodKing
04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Snow removal by far. We bill the same amount as we do mowing except instead of a crew of 4 on, there are only 2 on. Labor hours go from 180 hours per week to around 12 hours per week (average)

A+ Lawncare
04-29-2005, 09:45 PM
okay guys i know ya gonna give me the thumbs down on the this 1, but hear me out.... i'm 17, as many may know and i'm either gonna get an ranger or an dakota (something of that size).... due to the fact that i'm still in hs and there's no way in heck you could park a f-250 or something of that size in the parking lot of the student lot, u can barely ( and i mean barely park a f-150) in the parking space.... sh*tty school= crappy parking lot......

anyways can i still plow snow with my future ranger? i wanna get into plowing for residential drives, nothing major. we barely get enough snow in va (season)to pay for a blade & setup... what a total setup of this cost?

i have 2 atvs (400cc & 500cc)4wd so would i be better off going out buyin plows for the 2 atvs then my future minie truck?

hole in one lco
04-29-2005, 10:03 PM
yes you can put a plow on all those vehicles if there 4.4 .
I plowed with a ranger 99 with a 3.0 v6 you just have to get out early because its not going to move a foot of snow very far. I also plowed with a atv its fun but cold and good for side walks

A+ Lawncare
04-29-2005, 11:06 PM
the rangers i've been lookin at are v6 4.0 liters, (2001 model) 4x4 off road package... the meanest motor they make for that ranger i think.....

could i hoke up an salt spreader in the back of the truck in the ranger, how much room does it take?

also is it very safe to be pullin a 10x6 trailer loaded w/2 atvs behind a 4.0 ltr ranger during a snow storm?

lawnandplow42
04-29-2005, 11:07 PM
just don't get too big of a plow

A+ Lawncare
04-29-2005, 11:13 PM
what setup of an plow can i get for the ranger, also the make & model & price would be great!

i've looked at some moose plows for atvs.... 52'' and brackets @ $700 i think, been awhile so i can't really remember all that great... maybe some1 can correct me if i'm wrong... is it worth the extra $200 for the electric plow setup means you need an electric winch and thats about $300.... so electric blade cost about $1k total (w/winch)

Kelly's Landscaping
04-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Slit seeding hands down too bad I only get a few days worth a year but I have seen upwards of 500 an hour from that. Next is fertilizer that is also in the hundreds per hour range.

hole in one lco
04-30-2005, 12:37 AM
sno way 6.5 with down pressure 2500.0. yes get the winch but make shire you keep your eye on the cable. It tend to brake because you are only using about 2 ft

Duramax99
04-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Spring Money Makers

Clean-ups
Fertilizing
Seeding and Aeration

Summer Money Makers

Mulch and small planting jobs

Fall Money Makers
Clean - ups
Deep Root Feeding
Seeding and Aeration

Winter Money Makers
Pruning
Burlaping Trees
Snow depending on your area

Premo Services
04-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Slit seeding hands down too bad I only get a few days worth a year but I have seen upwards of 500 an hour from that. Next is fertilizer that is also in the hundreds per hour range.

I agree kelly, slit seeding is a good money maker, but just is not enough people wanting the service.

There are a lot of money makers throughout the year and you need to be able to cash in on them and get all the money while you can. payup payup

Spring cleanups
fertilizing and weed control in lawn and landscape areas
making new landscape areas and plants
Core aerations
Fall cleanups
Snow removal( they say there is good money in this service, but last winter, there was not one plowable snowfall for us.) :cry: :realmad:

Itsgottobegreen
04-30-2005, 06:05 PM
There is only one company that makes a real plow for the ranger. BLIZZARD. The 720LT is the best plow for a ranger. Its got the guts to get the job done. All the other snow plows are too light or lightly built. Blizzard builds their little plows just like their big plows. Its a little more, but in the long run will cost your less because of no break downs. payup

There is no business like snow business.

Mulch is also a great money maker if you bid it right and have a small tractor with loader to move the mulch faster. Which is more payup in your pocket.

lwcmattlifter
04-30-2005, 08:48 PM
You can make a killing on topdressing. It's really easy to sell to new homes too. Slit seeding is at the top of the list too.

MOW ED
05-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Consultant. A-1, Phagan,Vanderkoi,ect don't do a tap of cuttin but make plenty of bucks talkin about it.

Aside form that I would have to say that fertilizing has been good and my spring dethatching is a big money maker.