PDA

View Full Version : Seeding in Florida

0money
05-01-2005, 02:20 PM
I am wondering what would be the best seed to seed my yard ,My yard is like sugar sand and very little shade and I have allot of problems with erosion because i live on a hill .Can anybody help?

0money
05-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Must be to hard of a question.

LightningLawns
05-01-2005, 11:31 PM
what kind of grass are you trying to grow? I wouldn't seed it. You should try putting bahia down. It seems to grow well in sandy areas.

ProMo
05-02-2005, 08:34 AM
I used 20 trays of plugs on my front lawn and a lot of water, If the sand has surface tension and isnt letting water in try the wetting agent lesco sells it solved my problem

MarcSmith
05-02-2005, 09:43 AM
With the real soft sand you'll have difficulty getting anything to take and survive without amending the sand with some Organic matter but I would suggest something that is invasive and self sustaining. A wild bermuda, or zoysia or St augustine. i think would do better at stabilizing the ground. all three are fast growing and spread rapidly. Bahia won't spread as fast, but is cheaper when purchasing as sod.

I had a small landscape company in Orlando and worked on the Hort Depart. for Disney....so I have some southern knowledge...