PDA

View Full Version : Mowers and Trimmers on National tv

grass_cuttin_fool
05-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Exmark and Echo have gone to national advertising?They arent affiliated in any way and they are seperate commercials. On our local tv channels stihl has a promo for home owner equipment at times
Do other people in other parts of the us see other equipment advertised? just curious :waving:

lawnandplow42
05-01-2005, 09:40 PM
i saw echo advertised recently on a home improvement channel.

IMO, commercials show they're desperate for business, which further more makes me believe echo is taking a dive. Just MO.

lawnranger44
05-02-2005, 01:55 AM
I've been seeing Exmark commercials for the first time. I don't think that seeing commercials means they are desperate, just that they are trying to increase their client base.

TURF DOCTOR
05-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Grasshopper runs a ad in the spring, here

Cleanmaxx Brian
05-02-2005, 09:19 AM
More home owners can buy the machines the pro's use. Before they may not even know they were available. I think this is a good thing...it will help the good companies continue to turn a profit!

TLS
05-02-2005, 09:41 AM
I believe it could be a common advertising agent put out a good deal to these manufacturers. I've seen both the Echo and Exmark advertisements. Both look very similar with similar motives/wording.

BrianK10
05-11-2005, 10:14 PM
I've seen them down here in Baltimore too.

(Cleanmaxx Brian) More home owners can buy the machines the pro's use.

Not only has my next door nieghbor asked about Emark mowers, but my girl friend's father has also, both of which use regular tractors from Home Depot and Sears. I didn't try to sell the mower to them, I just told them the positives of a ZTR over a regular lawn tractor. My neighbor hasn't bought one yet, but my girl friend's father went out that weekend and bought one. I'm sure the advertisements isn't hurting eaither company. Just my .02 cents. Later all!

Brian

grasshopperslc
05-12-2005, 03:25 AM
I don't think that seeing commercials means they are desperate, just that they are trying to increase their client base.

I saw an Exmark commercial just the other day,I think it's fine,there's a guy up the street from my house that has an Exmark Laser Z.I like that the most of my neighbor's have lawn tractors and 21" push mowers and I have a 61" Ferris IS4500:cool2:so I can cut the're lawn. payup

J.Gordon
05-12-2005, 10:39 AM
I personally think Exmark hit one out of the park with that commercial! Most homeowners around here have never heard of that brand. So they are getting their name out to everyone, heck there are a lot of homeowners that enjoy quality equipment. Exmark made a first rate commercial in my books.

splatz100
05-13-2005, 05:12 PM
we have alot of Gravely advertisements down here

lawnman_scott
05-13-2005, 05:18 PM
i saw echo advertised recently on a home improvement channel.

IMO, commercials show they're desperate for business, which further more makes me believe echo is taking a dive. Just MO.
Do you feel the same way about budweiser spending all that money on your beloved #8? Could it be that they are advertizing plain and simple? How do you get word out about your company? I advertise.

RKISTNER1
05-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Scah was on the boob tube here this morning.

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
05-13-2005, 06:53 PM
I have been seeing some Exmark and Scag commercials here lately too. See them a lot on the Discovery Channel I think and during Tigers games once in a while, they are usually for local dealers in the Flint area.

crawdad
05-13-2005, 08:22 PM
we have alot of Gravely advertisements down here
I have never seen a Gravely commercial. I think that if they advertised a little bit, they wouldn't have dropped the walk behind tractor from production.
Look at what the other companies are making, they are copies of old graveley attachments, (sickle bars, bush hogs, etc.)
Crawdad