PDA

View Full Version : "WHITE CO"

ff279
05-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Has anybody here heard of the "White" lawn mower co/ Im just wonder if there any good or not they have them at my local Home-depo along with "toro"

lawnman_scott
05-03-2005, 08:27 PM
They are low level commercial from what I have seen of them.

chuckers
05-03-2005, 08:44 PM
I know they make tractors and implements.

beransfixitinc
05-03-2005, 10:09 PM
White? or Whites?

Whites, is now made by the MTD super power.

Billpa
05-03-2005, 10:20 PM
I started out with a white riding mower 18 hp w 42 cut (I think). I bought it at my local dealer which sells mainly scag. This mower was made by the same company that makes yardman, mtd, cub cadet and so on. A lot of the parts are interchangeable with the regular mtd mower but the difference at the time was that the mowers from lowes, wal mart, home depot had been made to their specs and cheapened down to come in at the price they wanted to move them at. As far as I know this was somewhat true as the cheaper mowers used things such as plastic gears instead of metal and plastic in other areas as well.

I have no idea what the deal is with them now, matter of fact I thought they stopped making them a while back, guess not. From what I know I wouldnít want it for commercial use but if itís all you can afford it should get you by for now. Maybe things have changed since I bought mine about 8 years ago.

Billpa
05-03-2005, 10:23 PM
White? or Whites?

Whites, is now made by the MTD super power.

huh, I thought mine said white on it not whites, Iíll have to look next time I get to the storage location.

grass disaster
05-03-2005, 10:32 PM
white is right

nocutting
05-04-2005, 12:08 AM
I dont know about there mowers, but they made a Great 5hp self propelled vac, that converted to a ground blower, It was a life saver in the fall on properties under 5000 sqft [ as a 1 man show] it was "White"

Doster's L & L
05-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Yes, MTD does make White lawn mowers and they ARE low end "commercial" lawn mowers. When i worked at MTD a few years ago, i personally bought one while i could still get an employee discount. I guess it knocks the grass down ok, (now it's used to pull a spray rig) but if you're gonna spend a couple G's anyway, why not get a used Exmark walk behind?? Better mower, better cut, more sq. footage covered in any given amt of time, etc. etc.