PDA

View Full Version : pavers around pool

356super
05-03-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm doing 1800sf of Cambridge Onyx/Natural pavers. I was hoping you guys could help me out with a couple of issues. I'm using 6x9 Kings Court in the field, herringbone on a diagonal, 4 1/2x6 Round Table as a border, 12x12 Kings Court on a diagonal under pergola and Round Table circle pattern.There is white pool coping already installed.

When the pool was installed the level of the the existing deck stairs were not taken into account. From the pool to the stairs is 10ft. From the top of the coping to the base of the first step is 3 1/2". A major ramp. To solve this problem I am redoing the stairs and was going to pitch from the pool 1 1/4" on 10'. Is that to much? The next problem is the garage door is 2 1/2" below the coping level. I want the water to pitch away from the garage. Any Ideas

What do you think about using 4 1/2x6 as a border. Someone told me they are to small. I thought it would be easier to do the curves and would blend into the circle pattern (Cambridge circle uses 6by pavers).

Where the coping butts the pavers, I was going to leave an 1/8 space filled with foam backer rod and flexible caulk for expansion. Here's the plans, Thanks, Charlie

The plan won't upload. their to big. Will try to shrink.

356super
05-03-2005, 10:56 PM
here's the yard plan

cgland
05-03-2005, 11:13 PM
The only thing I can tell you is pitch towards the garage and install a strip drain or the like at the entrance to the garage door. Never pitch towards a pool. As far as border material, use what you think looks good. Maybe do a double border in a bond pattern with the smaller pavers to give it a "thicker" look.

Chris

YardPro
05-04-2005, 07:54 AM
the 3" on 10' is a standard pool pitch.
the one we just fdid was also 3" for 10'.....

356super
05-05-2005, 09:16 PM
I was hoping Rex might have some input on this.