PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Customers?

05-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Anyone of you have a customer that is a celebrity or famous person in your town?

SodKing
05-03-2005, 10:05 PM
you mean other than myself? ;)

Todd's lawncare
05-03-2005, 10:08 PM
good one
if anyone does do you charge them an arm and a leg ?????????????
I have a cousin that is in small movies !!!!!!!!!!!!!! out in Cali

fromTEXAS!
05-03-2005, 11:03 PM
they are all based in California thats where all the movies are made duh! look at the other thread titled anyone in california? i think its called

Eddie B
05-03-2005, 11:30 PM
I know someone around here who cuts for Bob Marley's mom. I don't cut that far north. The family gathers and there's a Bob Marley festival here every year now. Ziggy and some others perform. Fun times.

dvmcmrhp52
05-03-2005, 11:46 PM
A drummer in a rock band...................
A baseball hall of famer..................

pagefault
05-03-2005, 11:46 PM
When I was in high school, I worked as a bus boy at a nice restaurant. One night, Gordie Howe came in with a big group, stayed at the table for hours, drew pictures all over the linens and then tipped the server about 8% The guy even owned a restaurant in the same town! The server was on the verge of tears because she hardly had any other tables since his group parked there all night and the manager wanted to make sure the local celeb got the attention he deserved.

I grumbled at him about being cheap and low class as he was leaving. I'm not even sure if he heard or listened, but I know I don't want to work with another celeb.

The next closest call was a former Ms. America who was a customer of a landscaper I helped with spring cleanups (also when I was in high school), who had (among other things) dirty freaking diapers in her yard.

No thanks. No more important people for me.

nocutting
05-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I work for a guy that Produced the last Sandra Bullock Movie, [and the 1st and is writein the next 1 as well]....Hes very casual, doesent get involved with the lawn / trees, it all up to his wife. They're are the "Nicest, most normal people I work for",.....another couples company went fortune 500 last year, & when they moved to a Estate area, I moved with them [ now I manage all the outside services on their property]...again very relaxed, very peaceful workin there. :)....If you do things right you dont have to charge an arm & a leg, you just focus your attensions on makein there lives as peaceful as possible [ pay attension to detail] each of these accounts gets me $3000.00 in annual pot / hanging basket / spot color planting and another $5-7000 per yr in general maintance [ no-cutting] and if I'm really attentive I average $5-10,000 in misc. plantings per account.......No need to over charge these "Nice People" :)

clc2003
05-04-2005, 12:49 AM
A drummer in a rock band...................
A baseball hall of famer..................

I assume that u didn't mention there names for a reason, but I am curious since Im a big rock fan. Can u at least say what band he plays for?

Lawnchoice
05-04-2005, 01:00 AM
good one
if anyone does do you charge them an arm and a leg ?????????????
I have a cousin that is in small movies !!!!!!!!!!!!!! out in Cali

Why would you charge them an arm and a leg ?

ECS
05-04-2005, 09:17 AM
I am the on-site catertaker for Warren Adler, famous novelist who wrote War of the Roses. I plow for Lyle Waggoner. I am currently trying to get the lawns for Dick Cheny, Sandra Bullock and Heather Thomas. My prices are the same for them as it is for the old man who is on a fixed income.

gogetter
05-04-2005, 09:25 AM
they are all based in California thats where all the movies are made duh! look at the other thread titled anyone in california? i think its called

Were you being sarcastic? Surely you realize that not all celebs are in California?

I don't mow for any of them, but hell, there are celebs right here in good old Bucks County Pa.

Toy2
05-04-2005, 09:41 AM
The only three around here are:

The Pres.
Ted Nugent
Willie Nelson

They are within a 15min. ride.....no I don't cut for any of them.....

daveintoledo
05-04-2005, 10:23 AM
space shuttle pilot

mole
05-04-2005, 04:34 PM
I cut for half of the buffalo sabres hockey team. I think they should get out there and help me there not doing anything now.

Up North
05-04-2005, 05:35 PM
my mom. In my eyes she is the biggest celebrity I could ever cut for.

Buck

dvmcmrhp52
05-04-2005, 05:38 PM
I assume that u didn't mention there names for a reason, but I am curious since Im a big rock fan. Can u at least say what band he plays for?

Unfortunately no....................
The name of the band would give you his name.Discretion is important to these people and many others.

CamLand
05-04-2005, 05:39 PM
my mom. In my eyes she is the biggest celebrity I could ever cut for.

Buck

Very good Buck...I'll buy you a beer for that

pagefault
05-04-2005, 06:07 PM
I cut for half of the buffalo sabres hockey team. I think they should get out there and help me there not doing anything now.

freaking hilarious!

jim dailey
05-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Anyone of you have a customer that is a celebrity or famous person in your town?

Yes indeedie. I have 1 from Aerosmith, 1 from the Boston Red Sox and 2 from the New England Patriots. None of them are ever home, and their accountants pay me. I just do whatever needs to be done, and then I bill them. Never a hassle. ONCE, there was an "emergency" grass cutting for a lawn party. That was handled and billed as the same.

ChadA
05-04-2005, 07:05 PM
I wouldn't say he's a celebrity but he's the closest thing I have to one.
Former Florida Gator HB Ran Carthon's house. His mom stays there now. He was home a few weeks ago. He plays for the Colts now. No big deal though. I hadn't even heard of him before his mom told he got drafted. Like I said though. The closest thing to famous I've got.
Oh yeh, about charging an arm and a leg. I charge them the same as anyone else. Funny thing though. His mom is two weeks late on this months bill. Go figure.

yard sloth
05-04-2005, 08:05 PM
the aunt of American Idol contestant Selena Rae who got voted off, and big Scotty the body is still on there :angry: unbelievable :dizzy:

fromTEXAS!
05-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Were you being sarcastic? Surely you realize that not all celebs are in California?

I don't mow for any of them, but hell, there are celebs right here in good old Bucks County Pa.
yea i was being sarcastic

DennisF
05-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Did one of Aretha Franklin's houses when I lived in Michigan. She had 3 or 4 homes in Michigan at the time. Also did Ted Nugent's property near Ann Arbor.

Both were excellent people to work for.

Duramax99
05-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Many Celeb's
Famous Director
Friends of the ex-pres
CEO's
Investment People
Ex- Chairman of the Dow
Hawkeye on mash
Serial Mom
Seinfeild
P diddy
Pele
to name a few..........

RedWingsDet
05-04-2005, 09:47 PM
alotta sports people live here.

Sergi Federov used to live around here, steve yzermen lives around here, some other famous people live around here, mainly sports people though.

TURF DOCTOR
05-04-2005, 09:55 PM
I cut for the man that whistled the andy griffith tune

RedWingsDet
05-04-2005, 10:03 PM
I cut for the man that whistled the andy griffith tune

now that is just tooooo cool!!!

iluvscag
05-04-2005, 10:36 PM
:) I cut BobbyGedd's mom's house.

jim dailey
05-04-2005, 10:53 PM
:) I cut BobbyGedd's mom's house.

Is that why the back of your head is flat ???

lawncare3
05-04-2005, 11:21 PM
I use to cut Don Nelson's daughters house (old coach from mavericks) She was a great neighbor. And whenever the mavericks were in town I got courtside seats.

Todd's lawncare
05-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Why would you charge them an arm and a leg ?
Be cause people are like that .

Runner
05-05-2005, 03:19 AM
I was PM'd or Emailed before by someone that took care of Brittany Spears "palace" (secluded) in Louisiana, but I don't remember who it was. We don't have much celebrity status around here. NFL player Andre Rison is from here and has a few houses around here, but I think he's too busy trying to pay child support to take care of them.

justanotherlawnguy
05-08-2005, 04:07 PM
I have this one customer who isnt a celebrity, but stupid loaded!!!!!! In his 4 car garage, which actually holds 5 he has a Brand New Escalade ( $7-10k in wheels), a H2 (with $7-10k in wheels), a Ferrari F-1, Porsche Carrera, A jag, and then he uses a Dodge 1500 for just driving around.

The house is a monster, it is on a lake with a Boat, Jet skis, etc....

slow release
05-08-2005, 07:52 PM
In the past, I have taken care of the lawns for several Boston Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox players. Ohh and the Bass Player(?) from Godsmack, Tony Rombola. Also, a local celebrity. The host of a local morning radio show, Gregg, from the Morning Buzz.

My boss used to work down in Conn., Grenich area. He used to take care of Martha Stewart's place, Mel Gibson's estate, and Victor Borge.

MudslinginFX4
05-08-2005, 08:03 PM
I'd rather not say the name but I take care of a NFL Player that plays for the Redskins. He is never really home that much, but has a very nice house in a nice neighborhood. His landscaping is also very nice.

kipcom
05-09-2005, 06:40 AM
In our opinion........... ALL of our customers are "Famous" & "Celeb's" :cool2:

goodgreen
05-09-2005, 06:44 AM
I've worked for about 5 years for a former state legislator. Everyone in town recognizes his name so he provides me with a great referral source. He doesn't mind me using him for testimonials.

CamLand
05-09-2005, 08:11 AM
We use to cut
Aretha Franklins houses
Kirk Gibson of Tigers
Lance Parrish of Tigers
Bill Freehan of Tigers
Bob Segar
Sergie Fedorov of Red Wings
Lee Iaccoca

Anthony-MB
05-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Yes, I do .. but she hasn't paid me for the first service ..
so , I guess she's not really a client ??!

may 4 said she'd send check .. now may 11 no check .. hmm
no check no prob..

http://www.11alive.com/news/printarticle.aspx?storyid=59671
http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/3763/
http://www.peta.org/Automation/NewsItem.asp?id=5930

lawncarepros2004
05-12-2005, 01:44 AM
I mow a number of lesbian adult filmstars lawns.

rodfather
05-12-2005, 06:05 AM
I mow a number of lesbian adult filmstars lawns.

Now that is something I would want on my list of client references...LOL

marko
05-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Yes, I do .. but she hasn't paid me for the first service ..
so , I guess she's not really a client ??!

may 4 said she'd send check .. now may 11 no check .. hmm
no check no prob..

http://www.11alive.com/news/printarticle.aspx?storyid=59671
http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/3763/
http://www.peta.org/Automation/NewsItem.asp?id=5930

You took the cat lady? Better get paid befor she starts buying more cats!!!

PhrankW
05-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Terry Bradshaw, Pat Summerall, and the Hunt family to name a few. No, we don't charge them more. A sale is a sale regardless of who they are.

N.H.BOY
05-13-2005, 04:59 PM
In the past, I have taken care of the lawns for several Boston Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox players. Ohh and the Bass Player(?) from Godsmack, Tony Rombola. Also, a local celebrity. The host of a local morning radio show, Gregg, from the Morning Buzz.

My boss used to work down in Conn., Grenich area. He used to take care of Martha Stewart's place, Mel Gibson's estate, and Victor Borge.

I tell you what, the morning would not be the same without Gregg and the morning buzz :D I wish I could mow laura's lawn :p

crawdad
05-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Yes, I do. Can you keep a secret?

slow release
05-13-2005, 09:06 PM
[ :D I wish I could mow laura's lawn :p[/QUOTE]

According to the three poon-anies, she has no lawn. Does she live in a condo?????????? :cool2:

N.H.BOY
05-13-2005, 10:05 PM
[ :D I wish I could mow laura's lawn :p

According to the three poon-anies, she has no lawn. Does she live in a condo?????????? :cool2:[/QUOTE]

LOL--- good one :laugh: :laugh:

Norm Al
05-14-2005, 04:15 PM
George Jones
and half of the detroit tigers!

lawncarepros2004
05-14-2005, 08:08 PM
George Jones
and half of the detroit tigers!
I love no show jones. only singer to have gold hits in five different decades. I would give him the extra treatment.

Norm Al
05-15-2005, 12:01 PM
the guy is a super nice guy, i did his work until he moved out of lakeland florida!

GrowinGreeninc
05-15-2005, 04:24 PM
several nascar drivers,car chiefs, crew members anouncers. Two nfl players.
have done in the past coach K, Tommy Ammaker, John Swoford( commish of acc).

FERT-TEK
05-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Closest I can come is working for a survivor of the "Our Lady of the Angels" fire in Chicago, IL in 1952. If I remember right 98 children and three nuns died that day. Not a big deal for most but I am a full time firefighter in the suburbs of Chicago.

aries
05-15-2005, 06:13 PM
We Do the home of a Hockey player!