PDA

View Full Version : 19hp 48" tiger cub & high lifts??

PTOhioMower
05-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Anyone run high lifts on a 19 hp tiger cub?
How was the cut over the stock blades?
Does the added lift suck more power?
Is there such a thing as medium lift blades?

I need a new set of blades and would like to enhance my stripes as well as keep the quality of cut top notch.

grass_cuttin_fool
05-04-2005, 08:24 AM
I tried high lifts on my 20hp tiger cub and it really made the engine work hard, I use the stock lift blades and have good sucess

TLS
05-04-2005, 08:46 AM
SCAG's high lifts (the really high ones with fully shapened blade, 3" wide with a huge almost vertical lift wing) are serious horsepower drainers! You need a lot of hp to the inch of cut to run them.

Maybe they've changed them. If you have the power though, they cut REAL nice. Never mis a blade of grass.....EVER!

Sweetwater
05-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Agree with all above answers...try this combo- two std blades and a high lift on discharge side only. Resolves clumping issues and really disperses clippings for manicured look. Just watch out 'cause you will cover a flower bed w/ clippings from 2 lanes out!

PTOhioMower
05-04-2005, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=Sweetwater Just watch out 'cause you will cover a flower bed w/ clippings from 2 lanes out![/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that.

I dont have any clumping issues, but I think I may have a bent blade. So I was wondering if some high lifts would enhance my stripes?

Is there a "lift" between the standard oem blade and high lifts?

Im also wondering if get a new set of oem blades and take the custom cut baffle down a notch, if that will add a lil more vaccum and act like a higher lift blade?

scagster
05-04-2005, 09:50 PM
we have run the same setup as sweetwater for 15 years, we think its the best also