PDA

View Full Version : Got stolen today

lawncare3
05-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I was at target today getting some 2 way radios.... And whi8le I was inside some DUMBASS stole my trash can (never used) I had $75 worth of handtools in the bed and they steal a $7 trash can. I have never seen such stupidity. From now on even the blower will be cabled ups while gone for 5 mins. Let this be a reminder thives WILL STEAL ANYTHING. :realmad: :angry:

And god help them if I ever find them my tazer with 750,000 voltz will teach em a lesson.

1MajorTom
05-03-2005, 11:10 PM
How sure are you that it was even in the bed when you went in the store? If it was empty, it could have flew out of the bed while driving down the highway. It's very easy for those cans to lift off in the air like that.

lawncare3
05-03-2005, 11:18 PM
I check everytime I go in and out of everywhere. There were cars behind me the WHOLE way or I definately would have gotten a honk or a flash.

Doster's L & L
05-04-2005, 12:44 AM
You're that tore up about losing a $7 trash can??? Heck, if that's all that was stolen out of the bed of my truck, i'd be pretty thankful that nothing else was stolen!! Actually, hehe... i think i'd offer to give that person another trash can (if i found out who it was) as a reward for not stealing all of the rest of my stuff. "Man, you sure you dont need another trashcan? I'll GIVE you another trashcan. Well, aight t'en (then). 'f (If) you need another trashcan, you just gimme a holla." :D

Appalachian landscape
05-04-2005, 02:22 AM
From now on even the blower will be cabled ups while gone for 5 mins.

you don't lock up your blower?

l1011100
05-04-2005, 02:53 AM
Man I lock up everything. I went into the grocery store today for some power bars to keep me going, I made sure to even back the trailer up against a light pole to make sure someone wouldn't walk away with my mowers. I would pay to see someone try to get a Z off a trailer without using the ramp.

grass disaster
05-04-2005, 03:01 AM
Man I lock up everything. I went into the grocery store today for some power bars to keep me going, I made sure to even back the trailer up against a light pole to make sure someone wouldn't walk away with my mowers. I would pay to see someone try to get a Z off a trailer without using the ramp.

you can pay me!! can i try....please.....haha

yard sloth
05-04-2005, 06:25 AM
:angry: just last week some idiot teen tried to steal my toro 21" commercial. It was sitting next to the trailer with a thick kryptonite cable running through it and around part of the trailer. Apparently he didn't see the cable because I saw him grab the handle and run, it got about 2 feet and jerked out of jerks hand. his buddy was in a gettaway vehicle waiting, so they sped off. I was on my Z quite a ways off, it's a place where I mow 6 big empty lots but leave everything parked in one location. I couldn't get to where they were quick enough to do anything.
also I had 2 of my 3 five gallon gas cans stolen recently, even though I buy the ones that say kerosene, and diesel. :angry:
I work solo, so it's hard to be where I can always see my truck. I thought about putting my extra blower in the bed of the truck, with a hidden cable. and then screw hidden razor blades to it where they would grab it. :nono:
Is there some way to electrify my equipment with high voltage? I like the tazer idea, where can I get one of those? any more good theft prevention/retaliation ideas?

brunosplace
05-04-2005, 09:12 AM
:angry:I thought about putting my extra blower in the bed of the truck, with a hidden cable. and then screw hidden razor blades to it where they would grab it. :nono:
Is there some way to electrify my equipment with high voltage? I like the tazer idea, where can I get one of those? any more good theft prevention/retaliation ideas?

Don't set a trap like that if you would like to stay in business, most states have laws against booby traps & the civil liability when the creep sues for pain & suffering would bankrupt you. Your liability insurance won't cover wilfull acts thats cause injury. And you probably would be looking at some time in the graybar hotel for it. Even the use of a taser in this instance would be considered an assault. Physical force is only allowed in cases of immediate or imminent threat to your person or to defend others against the same, not for protection of property.

brunosplace
05-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Also fyi the posession of a stun gun or taser in some states is a felony. Only an accreditted law enforcement officer is allowed to posess them. So check your local laws if you want to carry something for self defense.

lawncare3
05-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I like the tazer idea, where can I get one of those?

Ebay. I got a 750,000 volt tazer and it works wonders.

Also fyi the posession of a stun gun or taser in some states is a felony. Only an accreditted law enforcement officer is allowed to posess them. So check your local laws if you want to carry something for self defense.

I was told this by officer cohn 2 weeks prior to him arresting me. He arrested me with a 750,000 volt tazer and 2 cans of mace and a big knife. After I got bail I got out of the jail tazer, mace and knife were RETURNED. He said I was the most intresting arrest in half a year. :rolleyes: :p