PDA

View Full Version : easier way to unload your truck

vfig777
05-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Just thought I recommend something for the guys with regular pickup trucks. I have a small landscaping company and own a mid size nissan P/U. Its a pain in the but when I have to unload a truck full of dirt/mulch/stones etc. I finally decided to purchase one of those Loadhandlers that you see advertised on TV and wish I did so sooner. It realy does save a lot of time. I can unload a yard of dirt in less then 30secs, no lie. I just did a retaining wall and had a bobcat bucket full of stone dropped in my truck. Instead of shoveling the stone into a wheelbarrow, I unloaded the stone in the barrow in about 10 sec's.
There are 2 fabric mats to choose from (1 can handle 2500lbs and the other is around 2000lbs). I went with the heavier one. For $160 bucks, it was well worth it.
Hope this helps someone

FERT-TEK
05-04-2005, 05:07 PM
I just checked out their website and it looks like it would save a bunch of time unloading grass mulch etc. Quick question, since I am always looking to build a better mouse trap. Can you use a cordless impact gun to operate the crank on the tailgate? If you can. please post some pics of the mechanism that moves the tarp.

surfisher211
05-04-2005, 07:58 PM
yea those things are aw some i just need to reach deeper into my pocket to get one lol maybe this week i will make the move :)

vfig777
05-05-2005, 08:47 AM
You probably could modify the unit to use a impact gun but I think it would be a waste of time and money.

Markf
05-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Your idea of the impact gun is good. There are solar cover reels or saftey covers for pools that use that principle. Check the internet. However, I would stick with a cordless drill that has a lot of torque. Wouldn't an impact gun damage the roller unit? Also, I would like to see this unit in action. Where did you see it?
Mark

vfig777
05-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Im not so sure a cordless drill would have enough power to turn a yard of dirt. I never saw it work in person but I did see a short clip on one of the sites. It showed someone unloading dirt and stones. I just took a chance and bought it