PDA

View Full Version : String Trimmer/Edger Suggestions

centrallawnmaintenance
05-04-2005, 05:21 PM
I have been in lawn maintenance for two years and are tired of using cheap homeowner equipment. Which trimmer and stick edgers do you suggest? I need one that will give me the most bang for the buck. I do not need brushcutting or anything like that just lawn maintnenance and basic trimming. What do you guys think about that edgit attachment disk? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks,
CLM

The C Man
05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
The Edgit is a great addition. It fits the easiest on The Echo & Kawasaki trimmers with the triangular shaped gearboxes, although it can be made to fit other trimmers with their adapter, just costs more that way.

GrassMasterNC
05-06-2005, 09:08 AM
I just made the transition from Echo to Husqvarna after my echo kept crapping out on me...The Husky 326 is way lighter and plenty of power - I love it.....as for edging, do it right and get a real edger. Use a push edger for initial edgings or big jobs and a stick edger for edge maintenence, etc.
Matt

twins_lawn_care
05-06-2005, 10:53 AM
I bought a Redmax trimmer at the start of last year, and have been nothing but happy with it. Myself not being too much into the need for heavy trimming with it, just typical lawn care, went with the BCZ225, and it has always had more than enough power, and never given me a problem to date.
greatly increased the quality of trimming I was able to do as well, moving up from a homeowner grade curved shaft, to the straight shaft helped (especially since I am 6'1") I haven't used other trimmers, but would definitely recommend Redmax from my experience!