PDA

View Full Version : MKWL Stripes Pics.

mkwl
05-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Here are some pics of some stripes done on my front yard today. They were done with my Bob-Cat 48" belt drive WB mower w/15 HP Kawi V-Twin, and Grass Gobbler, no stripe kit, just high lift blades. The last pic is of my entire front yard. Sorry some of the lines are a little wavy, I had to get is done pretty fast today.

lawnrangeralaska
05-04-2005, 10:23 PM
very very good job, real professional

fearthedeere
05-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Looks good! Nice place. You went fast so you had the time to take the pictures, right? haha.

ALarsh
05-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Nice. What kind of fertilizer do you use or who fertilizes it?

christoff
05-05-2005, 02:59 AM
what height did you cut the lawn at?

mkwl
05-05-2005, 06:40 AM
I use Scotts Turf Builder with broadleaf pre emergent weed killer. I applied it to my lawn and 11 of my other accounts in mid April. I cut it at 2 3/4".

kwelch
05-05-2005, 08:38 AM
I must say you have a very nice place!

KathysLGC
05-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Looks good. I think I see a tire rut in the second pic....

MMLawn
05-05-2005, 01:50 PM
I use Scotts Turf Builder with broadleaf pre emergent weed killer. I applied it to my lawn and 11 of my other accounts in mid April. I cut it at 2 3/4".

You do know that it is ILLEGAL in NJ for a 14 year old to apply fert/chemicals/herbicide/pesticide to others lawns correct?

Even when you reach legal age to apply it you still also have to be LICENSED by the State.

mkwl
05-05-2005, 09:40 PM
You do know that it is ILLEGAL in NJ for a 14 year old to apply fert/chemicals/herbicide/pesticide to others lawns correct?

Even when you reach legal age to apply it you still also have to be LICENSED by the State.

I went to my Town Office and asked what type of permits I would need to run my business. Until I am 18 I do not need any type of permits, they said I do not need a liscence to apply fertilizer in New Jersey unless I am doing it on more than 25 total acres, or am over 18 years old.

ALarsh
05-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Are most of your lawns the size of your front lawn with equal size in back?

mkwl
05-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Are most of your lawns the size of your front lawn with equal size in back?

My lawn/property is 2 3/4 acres. Most of my lawns are around 1 1/2 acres. My front lawn is much smaller than the rest of my lawn, because we bought more land behind our house and made it all lawn. Most of my lawns are about 50/50 front/back.

ALarsh
05-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Then why did you buy a 36" & 48" mower? I would have one 60".

FuzzyOne
05-05-2005, 10:06 PM
I went to my Town Office and asked what type of permits I would need to run my business. Until I am 18 I do not need any type of permits, they said I do not need a liscence to apply fertilizer in New Jersey unless I am doing it on more than 25 total acres, or am over 18 years old.

They are steering you in an expensive direction. DEP fines are big money. If you are fertilizing for hire, you need to be licensed in this state. I'm not and keep a list of local companies with me for my customers. I have no interest in getting licensed.

Pic's look great BTW. Keep up the good work.

mkwl
05-05-2005, 10:34 PM
They are steering you in an expensive direction. DEP fines are big money. If you are fertilizing for hire, you need to be licensed in this state. I'm not and keep a list of local companies with me for my customers. I have no interest in getting licensed.

Pic's look great BTW. Keep up the good work.

I'm only stateing what I was told, Thanks.

mkwl
05-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Then why did you buy a 36" & 48" mower? I would have one 60".

I have some open places where my Bob-Cat 48"is best, other places where it doesen't fit, where only the Toro Proline 36" will fit. The 36" and 48" WB mowers work the best for my accounts, a 60" wouldn't fit in all of the small places on my accounts.

MMLawn
05-06-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm only stateing what I was told, Thanks.

The problem is though that 1) I promise you the county/city didn't take a 14 year old cutting grass seriously when they ask about license/permits and 2) what he is also telling you is that you ask the WRONG people. The city/county's have nothing to do with Applicators License that is handled ONLY by the State and since you are a bigtime minor at only 14 it is your parents that would be charged for your violation.

Oh and BTW, your 14...so you don't have a "business"...

ALBsun1
05-06-2005, 06:58 PM
This may sound stupid, but what are high lift, and low lift blades? I have a couple sets of standard blades, and some gators, but what are the high and low lifts?

pottstim
05-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Very nice work. Good for you! Your Bobcat does a nice job. I run a Toro 48" belt and mine stripes pretty much like your's does, only I run a single wheel velke. So, I get the typical wheel stripe down the middle. I hope to remedy that soon by making a striping kit to try and cover up the tire track. As far as blades go, I also run high-lift and cut at 2.75" like you do. Keep up the good work. I am going to try and get a couple shots of my backyard tomorrow and post them soon.

Tim

drsogr
05-06-2005, 11:29 PM
The problem is though that 1) I promise you the county/city didn't take a 14 year old cutting grass seriously when they ask about license/permits and 2) what he is also telling you is that you ask the WRONG people. The city/county's have nothing to do with Applicators License that is handled ONLY by the State and since you are a bigtime minor at only 14 it is your parents that would be charged for your violation.

Oh and BTW, your 14...so you don't have a "business"...

You guys kill me on here. HE IS 14! Do you think you gave a damn about many things when you were 14. He at least made the attempt. I see no problem with a 14 year old spreading Scotts. This kid probably knows more about fertilizer than half the people that put in on their own lawns.

MMLawn
05-07-2005, 08:25 AM
You guys kill me on here. HE IS 14! Do you think you gave a damn about many things when you were 14. He at least made the attempt. I see no problem with a 14 year old spreading Scotts. This kid probably knows more about fertilizer than half the people that put in on their own lawns.

What kills me is how the 20 Year olds take up so for the 14 year olds. Hell, I've been in business longer than ya'll have been alive. I guess it is because ya'll aren't that far removed from their age. :laugh: