PDA

View Full Version : bumpy yard?

fairwayCuts
05-05-2005, 11:26 PM
I have a customer I just started and her lawn is in ok condition. One of her concerns in the bumpieness of the yard. There seems to be little bumps all over the yard. I'm not sure what caused it, but she is wanting me to try and fix the problem. I had some suggestions for her, but was wondering your thoughts might be. First I was going to try and roll out the yard. Before I do this I was going to have her keep the lawn watered well so the soil is damp and easier to roll out. Will this type of renovation work for a bumpy yard? If that didn't work I was going to try and bring in some top soil and fill in the bad spots. Although it really doesn't seem like there are a whole lot of bad spots, just a bunch a little spots. Any thoughts?

Mscotrid
05-07-2005, 10:47 AM
One question to ask your customer is (after long soaking rains when the turf get saturated does she notice a large number of earthworms on her concrete areas?)

In some lawns when there are numerous bumps and mounds the earthworm population is high. Though their castings are beneficial the bumps are annoying. If you find there earthworms an application of Sevin's insecticide will help control the population.

PYMLscape
05-07-2005, 03:18 PM
If the soil is heavy clay rolling will compact the soil to much.
Top dressing and over seeding may work better.
If you do roll aerate afterwards that is if its clay, if you have nice loose soil
rolling should work.