PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong ?

Pro-Scapes
05-06-2005, 09:13 AM
The customer had double what i had in mind!

Ok went to bid on a job. Renovate about 200sqft of beds and plant a few boxwoods.

Lady already had tons of material. I was thinking about 3 hours in my head. they wernt that bad. had to change one dripper head. I had 150-175 in my head including installing 2.5 yards of mulch she had. she said last guy was 300 without the mulch and offered 350 with me installing it. DEAL. took me about 3.5 to 4 hours with a lunch break under a oak tree.

ok was i way underpriced ? was he way over ? should I have taken it ? shes sooooo happy with the work I did and I even came back to remove 2 daylillies she wanted out. It was a bit further than I normally go but it was a special refferal.

comments ? price ????

wojo23323
05-06-2005, 09:22 AM
No it is not wrong. She offered that price and in her mind that is what the job was worth.

Pro-Scapes
05-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah that's what I was hoping. Man I love this new pda thing. I can sit at my pt job when its slow and surf ls lol. Go me

pagefault
05-06-2005, 03:23 PM
I think it is wrong. Not burn in hell wrong, but a little wrong. Everyone gets bent out of shape when the customer tries to get the work for less than it is worth. Why is it any different if you give her less than she paid for? What if she gives you a couple of referrals and those people want similar work? When you bid them at half what you charged her, don't you think she'll feel a little betrayed?

I'm making it out to sound worse than it is, I know. It wasn't a deliberate act of evil. You didn't really screw her over or anything, I just wouldn't have done it.

sheshovel
05-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey don't feel a bit guilty at all.She offered the price you simply took her up on it.
I would have thrown in a bit more effort or time os something with it though.More than a few day lilly moving.BUT that's just me.

Pro-Scapes
05-06-2005, 03:36 PM
well you gotta take into acct that I drove 50 miles each way to this job ( im not lucky to live in a city where all my customers are close) which is further than i normally go. but then i drove back in the rain just to move them lillies.

Maybe I will give her a deal on the next job. she has alot more she wants done still.

Appalachian landscape
05-06-2005, 09:10 PM
50 miles? that's an extra charge right there. if she's willing to pay you more than you need, start bidding her jobs higher. Take all you can get, especially for one time jobs.

dvmcmrhp52
05-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Don't know about Mississippi, but here, your price of $150-$175 would be low.

$300 is closer to right I'd say............