PDA

View Full Version : New additions to the fleet

grassmanvt
05-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Just picked up my two new Bunton 2280efi 61" ztr, next to my 03' 2260efi.

Appalachian landscape
05-06-2005, 04:46 PM
good for you, business must be booming. :cool2:

grass disaster
05-06-2005, 05:30 PM
not bad but why do you need three riders on one rig, don't you have someone on the trimmer. doesn't seem very efficient to me it just looks like you wanted to spend some money.

i would think you could of bought a 72": mower and a 52" walkbehind and had more of a practical set up????????

grassmanvt
05-06-2005, 06:26 PM
not bad but why do you need three riders on one rig, don't you have someone on the trimmer. doesn't seem very efficient to me it just looks like you wanted to spend some money.

i would think you could of bought a 72": mower and a 52" walkbehind and had more of a practical set up????????

Actually, the older of the three is for sale. I typically run two ztr's on a trailer with a 21 for a couple tiny spots. I really have no need for a 52 wb. If I can get a 52 wb in somewhere, I can get my ztr there. The 61 has been a good size for me. As far as the money issue, I didn't plan on replacing my (2) ztr'z this year but the price was right, and I got pretty good money for the one already sold. Also, if I can stay on newer more efficient equipment, pay little or nothing for repairs becuase most everything is on warranty, shorten my work days, and uncle sam rewards me for it, I can't afford to do any other way. :p

dvmcmrhp52
05-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Your sig line says " Chevy,Bunton and echo, need I say more?"

Welllllll, how about, Dodge, Exmark and Stihl?????????????

Just having fun............. :waving:

Enjoy the new machines..........

grass disaster
05-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Actually, the older of the three is for sale. I typically run two ztr's on a trailer with a 21 for a couple tiny spots. I really have no need for a 52 wb. If I can get a 52 wb in somewhere, I can get my ztr there. The 61 has been a good size for me. As far as the money issue, I didn't plan on replacing my (2) ztr'z this year but the price was right, and I got pretty good money for the one already sold. Also, if I can stay on newer more efficient equipment, pay little or nothing for repairs becuase most everything is on warranty, shorten my work days, and uncle sam rewards me for it, I can't afford to do any other way. :p

i see. like you i like to have newer equipment. i can't afford to have a machine go down.

i have yet to get a reward from my uncle, i don't think he likes me very much lol

mkwl
05-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Just picked up my two new Bunton 2280efi 61" ztr, next to my 03' 2260efi.

Where in Vermont are you? Reason I ask is because I have a country home in Washington County, NY (On the Border of Vermont be Rutland County).

christoff
05-06-2005, 11:42 PM
does money grow on trees for you?

grassmanvt
05-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Where in Vermont are you? Reason I ask is because I have a country home in Washington County, NY (On the Border of Vermont be Rutland County).

I'm in north central vt, barre-montpelier area, about 1-1.5 hours north of rutland.

grassmanvt
05-07-2005, 12:37 PM
does money grow on trees for you?

Not so much on trees but, grass and snow have been good to me. I've worked my tail off and and luckily I got started around here before everybody and their cousin "mowed lawns". I am fortunate enough to have some pretty decent customers now.

lawncare18
05-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Could you post some of your other pics, truck, trailer pics etc. Im interested in seing what that red chevy is? Does it have a plow on it? Nice mowers.

grassmanvt
05-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Could you post some of your other pics, truck, trailer pics etc. Im interested in seing what that red chevy is? Does it have a plow on it? Nice mowers.

Thanks, I'll try to put a picture or two of the truck on. It's an 04' 3500 silverado with a dump and blizzard 810 power plow all bought this past November. I don't have any trailer pics handy. I might take some later. The other bigger mentionable items I've got kicken around: 01gmc sierra rc srt bed fisher plow, three trailers, two older bucket loaders, and a 2000 cat 236 skidsteer.

lawncare18
05-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Real nice, Nice to see a landscaper who has built his way up. I have been to vermont in rutland a few times. Its sure a nice state. I can tell you have prob worked hard for what you have had. I am hoping for the same luck. Im sure you also make a lot of money up there on snow, although i dont plow yet people in northern nys make some serious money moving snow during the winter. Thanks for posting more pics and if you have anymore post them up. How many lawns do you guys cut a week, and do you do other things mulching etc?

grassmanvt
05-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I do some mulching, cleanups, etc. along with a little dirt work if I can scrounge up the time. As far as accounts, it looks like this year will be about 77-80 stops with one of those stops a condo assc., five cemetaries, and a local hospital to name a few. Usually I end up with shady part time here and there help which results in me working seven days a week. I am trying to find descent full time help which would result in a relatively easy week for me.

lawncare18
05-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Looks like you have a great growing business. I feel that in the area we are in you almost half to work 7 days a week, being the season is short and to make decent money doing what we do. Hopefully you can find some good help, and keep postin any pics you may have. Best of luck

N.H.BOY
05-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I do some mulching, cleanups, etc. along with a little dirt work if I can scrounge up the time. As far as accounts, it looks like this year will be about 77-80 stops with one of those stops a condo assc., five cemetaries, and a local hospital to name a few. Usually I end up with shady part time here and there help which results in me working seven days a week. I am trying to find descent full time help which would result in a relatively easy week for me.

Nice piks neighbor. I think we have talked before @ PLanet Rock. Anyways can I ask how you got those cemetaries, Are they a PITA??

grassmanvt
05-07-2005, 06:58 PM
These cemetaries I got through buying out a friend of mine a few years ago. Currently going on the third year of a four year contract. These have been pretty good to deal with, the caretaker is a nice guy, has worked out well. In the past I had done others which were aquired through the normal bid process. And the "rock", hmmm. ;)