PDA

View Full Version : How's my updated job pricing list?

KathysLGC
05-06-2005, 05:44 PM
This is my base pricing to start with. Obviously yards with many trees/bed will be more.

stumper1620
05-06-2005, 06:34 PM
This is my base pricing to start with. Obviously yards with many trees/bed will be more.
if you can get those prices in your area, more power to ya.
never happen around here. I tried 35 on 1 acre and got lowballed to 25.
lucky you! :D

A+ Lawncare
05-06-2005, 06:39 PM
delete please, double post

A+ Lawncare
05-06-2005, 06:43 PM
$35 on 1 acre? i know scrubs around here who do lawns for that.... thats about $17.5 for an 1/2 acre or $8.75 1/4 acre..... :dizzy: i'm not calling you a scrub by any means my friend, but i'm just saying thats how prices go in my area.... personally i charge $55 for 1 acre of mowing (flat, few obstacle of course)

whats you drop gate in that area? mine is $20 (but its soon to call up to $25 due to gas, ect.) about the price you said that guy got for that 1 acre, the $20 is for lawns that are 1/8 of an acre or 5,445 square feet or less..... :cool2:

chefdrp
05-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Playboy, Those sound about right for my area too.

chefdrp
05-07-2005, 12:24 AM
The only one i have a poblem with is your dethatching. most of my lawns are about 15000 sqft. I could never get 450 bucks.

Runner
05-07-2005, 12:46 AM
How can you possibly have a fixed rate schedule on everything? There are ALWAYS too many variables. It just doesn't make sense. For instance; Mowing...$40 for 10M. Now, what if you have 40 trees, 400 linear ft. of fence, and a steep ditch? Lawn prep..Soft or clay? Clear or full of weeds? First time edging...what if it hasn't been done in 20 years and you have 4 inches of inch and a half thick sod coming off? Mulch...$20 or $40 a yd. for hardwood?
I mean, don't get me wrong...it is done nicely. It just seems like you are setting yourself up for the "But the price sheet says THIS" speel.

KathysLGC
05-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Customer doesn't see this. This is a base price I can start with. if the customer has 4o trees and 400ft of fence then that would be taken into consideration. Since I'm going into this part time I want to take most of the guess work out when some one asked for a bid.

stumper1620
05-07-2005, 04:05 PM
$35 on 1 acre? i know scrubs around here who do lawns for that.... thats about $17.5 for an 1/2 acre or $8.75 1/4 acre..... :dizzy: i'm not calling you a scrub by any means my friend, but i'm just saying thats how prices go in my area.... personally i charge $55 for 1 acre of mowing (flat, few obstacle of course)

whats you drop gate in that area? mine is $20 (but its soon to call up to $25 due to gas, ect.) about the price you said that guy got for that 1 acre, the $20 is for lawns that are 1/8 of an acre or 5,445 square feet or less..... :cool2:
I try for a 35 dollar minimium, but, I tell ya, Its getting really tough to get new clients, I can still do the acre for 35 & make money, I will not drop to the 25, the fight for new signups is getting tough, the worst thing is most of the lowballing againts me is existing established LCOs thats what is reallly getting on my nerves. I'm really hoping they shoot themselves right out.
I still get my higher pricing off people that are only interested in having top notch service & that is what i offer. any lawn that is a low quality lawn is where the rate chases are going on. I think the other guys are figuring to make up the loss on upsells, thing is these low quality lawns are in this condition because the people cannot afford to improve them, resulting in no upsells due to the lack of cash.
I appreciate you not calling me a lowballer, I'm competing in a tough market here, we have a large number of "everybody & their brother wants to be a LCO." I compete with the market but I also have my standards & price chopping is not in the plan.

theyardstop
05-10-2005, 02:18 AM
its funny looking at your price sheet .. because I did the same thing just a couple of weeks ago..
most of my work has come from referels .. so my problem is always not charging the friends of friends enough for the work performed. I use my sheet as a way to make sure no matter who I'm working for I still will make the profit I need.
I do agree with the other posts though.. Just use it as a base,, because of all yards are different.

lifesaverbuddy
09-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks for putting your price list out there. I found it really helpful, and also just realised how cheap I am. Better up those prices big time next year!

Hope your season's going well.