PDA

View Full Version : 26 EFI Kohler

Cobra Jock
05-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know the dealer cost for a set of fuel injectors for a Kohler 26 EFI. Dealer said he would give them to me a his cost, just want to have a ballpark figure. Thanks!

Greg

Oldtimer
05-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Why do you need new injectors and what is the engine doing wrong?

Oldtimer
www.sevillelawn.com

Cobra Jock
05-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Dealer said the injectors were clogged and it needed new ones? The mower sat for a long time. I drained the tank and put on a new fuek filter. The stuff that came out of the filter was rust color sludge! The motor would only run wide open and the plugs were real wet. He said the computer was fine and that the injectors needed to be replaced. Sound right to you Oldtimer? I know you've been in the biz a long time and appreciate any advice/help that you could give me

Greg

Oldtimer
05-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Did your dealer plug his computer into the diagnostic port on your mower and print out a report?

When you replaced the fuel filter did you use Oetiker 2 ear clamps or just regular hose clamps?

Oldtimer

Cobra Jock
05-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Don't know if he printed out a report. I don't know that much about it. The clamps were the ones that I took off of it when I replaced it. Probably not goood huh? Bottomline: I don't have a good feeling about the dealer or the mechanic that works there. I dropped off the mower 2 weeks ago and had to call him today on the status of the mower. 2 weeks is a long to go without hearing something, i.e. parts backordered, etc, don't you think?

Tider6972
05-06-2005, 10:19 PM
P'cola ain't that far, 'jock ! Take it to the Oldtimer ! Especially if you've no confidence in the dealer you're dealing with now.

Cobra Jock
05-07-2005, 08:09 AM
This is definitely the last time that I'm dealing with my current dealer. I know where Oldtimer's shop is at and will be going there from now on. I an going to call the dealer Monday to see if the parts came in, if he says no, I'll probably go pick it up and drop it off with Oldtimer. It's a shame when you can't get decent service from a guy especially when you spend a lot of money at his store, i.e. 5 line trimmers, etc!

Greg

hustlerdealer
05-12-2005, 05:33 PM
what is it about these people that gives you such a bad feeling? did you purchase the mower from the dealer or individual? did the dealer tell you that you were screwed? that is just not good business! someone really needs to do something with these dealers that just treat people anyway they want! :realmad: