PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Hustler mini Z

SidelinePropMgr
05-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Loooking to buy a 52" ZTR. Have been looking around at different models. Ran across the mini Z for $5599. Is this a solid machine. Have also demoed a Gravely 260 and plan on demoing a Wright Sentar.

The Hustler seems small enough that I would not have to buy a bigger trailer. How does it compare to regular size ZTR's. Seems like it might adantage me to be able to use it on more properties.

Plese post some feedback either way!

Hustler5224
05-06-2005, 09:54 PM
I use a Hustler Super Mini Z, 52" deck. It is a very well built mower, cut is excellent, stripes real well also. I chose the mini Z for the reasons you stated, because of its maneuverbility on small lawns, but also is excellent on larger lawns as well. My experience with the Super Mini Z has been excellent with no problems.

Shady Brook
05-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I have been looking at the mini as well. That deck looks so shallow, and the discharge so tiny. My Super Z looks twice as big and with the deck cut out it really has an impressive discharge hole. I would love it if the mini could cut and discharge as well as my Super Z, I just can't believe it is possible. Keep the comments coming.

TheLawnRangerTX
05-06-2005, 11:50 PM
I've got a question. I know the bigger the mower the quicker you can get the job done. But to many of my customers don't have a gate big enough to get one of the bigger mowers in the backyard. What does everyone do? Do you push a back and ride the front? Right now I only have a push mower, but hopefully by next spring I will have enough customers to warrant getting a rider. I looked at the Hustler Mini FasTrak 36" a couple of weeks ago at a lawn & garden show where I live. Mowing 36" with a rider would be a dream compared to 22" with a pusher. Any thoughts? I really like what I saw with the Hustler line. :)

Woody82986
05-07-2005, 12:03 AM
I have a Mini Z with the 52" deck. I love it. I demoed a few other brands before I made my decision last season, and decided on the Mini. It just seemed to perform better and provide a much cleaner and smooth cut than any other. I also liked the easy maintenance on the mower. Everything is easy to get to. I havent ever had any problems with it not discharging properly. This mower would be a good choice. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say anything horrible about the Hustler brand.

SOMM
05-07-2005, 12:20 AM
get a z any z and you'll never be sorry you did.
kohler command 22 or 25 engines rock, btw.

ever think of an ad saying "WANTED: Z-rider mower, low-hrs.I got #&*%@ in cold hard cash" -and posted in local paper's equipment for sale section?

john buford rules MO dixies! have cash will nego!
worked well for us.

Hustler5224
05-07-2005, 12:26 AM
[QUOTE=Woody82986]I have a Mini Z with the 52" deck. It just seemed to perform better and provide a much cleaner and smooth cut than any other. I also liked the easy maintenance on the mower. Everything is easy to get to. I havent ever had any problems with it not discharging properly. This mower would be a good choice. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say anything horrible about the Hustler brand.

I agree, I have not had any discharge problems either. The cut is very clean and smooth. My experience with my Super Mini Z has been great, more than satisfied with the performance.

SOMM
05-07-2005, 12:31 AM
we like hustlers, grasshoppers, dixies, and even bobocat z hydros.

long lives and built hellaciousy flippin' tough, they're all SCENE and harder than Flip*

we've never replaced hydro oil yet, belts once but they gave us back our originals and said they were good for another 500 or so schwag hard hours (there are hard hours and there are easy hours - big flippin difference! e.g. flat land we all crave when we retire, and Mick's "The Hill" in the pictures forum).

Envy Lawn Service
05-07-2005, 01:08 AM
I have also noticed the same about the Mini's deck. Shallow with a small discharge hole. I read the literature and it is only 4" deep as opposed to the 5" - 5 1/2" deep decks on other machines.