PDA

View Full Version : Getting Underneath your ZTR

ColePyck
05-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Do you guys just use a jack, or ramps, or whats the best way to get under the deck for grass cleaning and blade changing on the fly. Anything worth money to go out and buy specifically for ztr's

SOMM
05-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Not sure about the top bar search option on this, but to trust your chest fully collapsing to a set of 0-rings from a pump-handle floor jack alone is a hell of a way for the next of kin to cash in.

We jack it to jackstands; or jackstand-support our trailer's back gate and then ride it up the trailer gate with one front wheel offset off of the trailer gate and a piece of retaining wall blocking in one back tire while the pull brake is set also.

Theres a cool 2-wheel dolly style of jack that some here on the site have made homemade, and a few commmercially available.

Itsgottobegreen
05-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Jungle Jack

The only safe way to jack up mowers.

For all your stander owners. Have a stander, must have a jungle jack.

lawnchopper
05-07-2005, 09:06 AM
can that Jungle Jack be used on a 60" Lazer Z??

Runner
05-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Absolutely. It's quick and it's easy. It will lift up a Lazer like it's built for it.

tinman
05-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Same as changing blades.... park ZTR with one tire on trailer ramp with the other front tire hanging off........ Should be able to reach all the grass that way...make sure to chock the rear tires. :)

John Gamba
05-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Absolutely. It's quick and it's easy. It will lift up a Lazer like it's built for it.

It sure do!
John

Tadams
05-07-2005, 10:46 AM
I've got a 60" lazer and I bought a jungle jack just for it. The first time I lifted it I thought "Man, that was a piece of cake". I then went to put the safety lock down and it wouldn't go down far enough to latch. I then shook the mower as if an earthquake was happening and it didn't even think about falling. I still put a jackstand under it just to be on the safe side. The only problem that I have with it is that if you are planning on taking it to the back of someones yard and cleaning your deck there. It does not always want to raise the mower up, it will just dig into the ground. You could put a tarp down on the street and scrape there and throw the stuff away.

The mayor
05-07-2005, 11:39 AM
I angle mine up the ramp to change the blades and clean. So far so good. Hopefully it won't fall and crush me.

grassmanvt
05-07-2005, 12:53 PM
I like the trailer ramp method. Pretty safe but usually have tp offset to one side, then swith to get full acces to underneath. The other thing we use is a handyman or high lift jack. I dont like them but they work ok. I like to throw a stand next to it though just in case. I think some toros have built in stands. Kubota also has a built in jacking system.

paponte
05-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Jungle Jack. :)

deereman
05-07-2005, 03:25 PM
We just take our loader and lift them right straight up. We do this to all equip. Garden tractor, ZTR and the atv.

MagnumXL
05-07-2005, 03:33 PM
I find this one to be the safest and the best jack.

http://www.havenerenterprises.com/bradley_mower_jack.htm

specialtylc
05-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Jungle Jack

The only safe way to jack up mowers.

For all your stander owners. Have a stander, must have a jungle jack.

Not really. My Kubota ZD came with a jack built in. :cool2:

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
05-07-2005, 04:43 PM
On the fly I would say Jungle Jack. What I do at home to clean under the deck(rarely have to: PAM) or change blades, is I have a 4 x 8 running across my trusses in my garage with 2 Eye Bolts fastened in all the way through with washers and lock washers as extra support and then I use ratchet straps to hook into the bolts and then to my mower. Put a piece of landscape block behind each tire or just a wheel chalk, put on the parking brake and do my business under the deck. Works real good. Oh, I also put a piece of wood under each front wheel for extra support in case the straps break. I use two ratchet straps on each side, 4 total.

Envy Lawn Service
05-08-2005, 01:21 AM
Personally, I like this option!

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34584&stc=1
:cool2:

John Gamba
05-08-2005, 06:23 AM
Personally, I like this option!

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34584&stc=1
:cool2:

Tell us how long it takes.
John