PDA

View Full Version : mulchig at 2.5" grass build up problems??

lawnchopper
05-07-2005, 10:38 AM
we have a patio home ASSociation that has requested our company to mow their 120 acre complex at 2.5" which you might be able to do now casue there aint much growth but in the height of the growing season im not sure if we can do this. The thing is we put mulch kits on our walker 52" and our Lazer 60" so we dont blow grass into the rocks and siding ive noticed even with the slow growth and enourmous amounts of grass build up under the deck, on the blades and even on the blade tips to were theres no edge the blades acually hit the built up grass that acumulates around the baffles but my concern is the build up on the blades and the tips.
has anyone had this problem is cutting the low is it unrealistic to mow at 2.5??? ;)

rookie03
05-07-2005, 11:52 AM
I mow a lot of acres at 2.25" and I have no problems at all. But you have to make sure you are using the gator blades not the high lift blades. I have a 60" 28hp w/ mulch kit and have no problems.

BCSteel
05-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I use the 42" mulching deck by walker at 2.5" for all my props with no problem. See if you can put longer blades on the bottom if your running doubles. On my 42" deck it comes with 21" blades but I put on 22" with no problems and the cut is noticably better.