PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Esthers vs. Soccer Mom

PYMLscape
05-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Thought you might enjoy this story that happened to us several years back.

People always ask us for directions -- you get to know when someone is going to pull over and ask you where to find....?

One day, we had just started a lawn, when I saw a large Lincoln with two older African American ladies, all dressed up (a la Aunt Esther) begin to pull over to the curb where I was standing.

There was a minivan behind them, and as they pulled to the curb, the minivan followed, and WHAM right into the back end of the Lincoln.

Hubby was making first pass around the yard, and started laughing so hard he almost fell off the mower. He didn't notice the neighbor's Wall Street Journal on the lawn and ran over it. It exploded into a million pieces. He jumps off and, laughing hysterically, tries to pick up the billions of bits of paper.

I'm standing there with my mouth hanging open. Everyone gets out to see the damage. Minivan was driven by teenager learning how to drive and her Mother. Mom was majorally whizzed off, but couldn't say anything, as it was totally their fault. No damage to the cars and no sore necks. (I know MY neck would have been sore if it was me)!

The Aunt Esthers got pointed in the right direction, and the kid probably got a few more lessons.

We still laugh about it to this day. :laugh:

Appalachian landscape
05-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Aunt Esthers vs. Soccer Mom...the two most dangerous things you can have behind the wheel.

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
05-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Or a ******ed teenager learning how to drive from a soccer mom. :laugh:

rodfather
05-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Man, I remember Aunt Esther from Sanford & Son. She was hilarious to say the least. "Wahchit suckah"...lol. Her real name was Lawanda Page. Now get this. She used to have a XXX comedy act in a bunch of clubs and tapes back in the 70's as well. Red Foxx (who played the senior Sanford) did the same. He was in Las Vegas for years with his own XXX standup act as well...I remember going and seeing it after I played Blackjack with him one night at The Sands...

jwholden
05-07-2005, 06:17 PM
This past week we drove past no less than three rear end accidents at stop lights. What is wrong with these people rushing around these days? Where are they in such a rush to get to?

crawdad
05-07-2005, 07:37 PM
This past week we drove past no less than three rear end accidents at stop lights. What is wrong with these people rushing around these days? Where are they in such a rush to get to?
the next stop light.

Mo Green
05-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Man, I remember Aunt Esther from Sanford & Son. She was hilarious to say the least. "Wahchit suckah"...lol. Her real name was Lawanda Page. Now get this. She used to have a XXX comedy act in a bunch of clubs and tapes back in the 70's as well. Red Foxx (who played the senior Sanford) did the same. He was in Las Vegas for years with his own XXX standup act as well...I remember going and seeing it after I played Blackjack with him one night at The Sands...
I've seen both of their stand up acts.........very, very funny.

EasylyConfused
05-07-2005, 07:59 PM
I sometimes wonder if they are all accidents! I know sometimes I wish I had my own beater that I could use to bump into jerk with the Cadilac! Who has the cell phone stuck to the ear.

Or maybe they have the "accidents" so they don't have to go to their boring desk jobs?