PDA

View Full Version : Blade difference

deereman
05-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Can any body tell me the difference between a (crank blade ) and the (standard blade ) ? I am ordering blades for myself as well as neighbors, and I really dont know what the diiference would be. Any info would be helpful for me, thanks in advance.

Likestomow
05-07-2005, 06:39 PM
What is a crank blade?

beransfixitinc
05-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Is that like a razor? Used to slice cocaine or something? A crank blade?

Mo Green
05-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Never heard of a crank blade.......sorry, I'm not much help.

heavenlydeere
05-07-2005, 11:21 PM
never heard of a crank blade, but i've had to replace a few muffler bearings in my time!!! seriously, deereman i can only assume that you run deere equipment , deere offers a standard blade and a highlift blade, they also spec predator blades which are similar to gators, dont use the predators they are nearly worthless , as are the standard blades! i run 4 deeres 2 757s 2 777s and they all have the highlifts on them

deereman
05-08-2005, 12:30 AM
In both of my magazines from J THOMAS and LANDSCAPER PRO they both have diff blade types they are as follows:
Standard
Hi-Lift
Crank ;)
Mulching
Mamba -high lift

These blades are in the Deere section , so maybe they are something that only Deere has to offer?

heavenlydeere
05-08-2005, 10:02 AM
maybe the word crank is just a company term for a highlift or mulching blade or maybe who ever wrote the articles didnt know so much about it,i wonder if i could sell this person a muffler bearing??? i did run this term on google and came up with nothing so unless someone on here has more info i dont think i can help!!

bill w
05-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Crankshaft output vs. belt drive?

deereman
05-08-2005, 11:48 AM
If you guys look in your J Thomas mag and the Landscaper Pro mag and look into the blade repacement section under John Deere section you will see what I am talking about.

Jason Rose
05-08-2005, 11:50 AM
They really "crank" out the grass! Which would mean they throw it out the furthest, which would be high-lift. Just a guess... Never heard the term either.

Likestomow
05-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Get the same blade that came on your mower, which I would assume is a High Lift blade.

protouchlawn
05-08-2005, 12:40 PM
I am 99% sure it is a blade for a comm. w/b called a "crank deck" that Deere made some years back. The deck height adjustment was made with a crank handle.

heavenlydeere
05-09-2005, 12:34 AM
did a little research on J-Thomas website and i found out that john deere made some mowers that had a crank deck that you had to crank it up and down for deck height adjustment, the crank blades mentioned were for those machines, went to j thomas ,online catalog,scrolled down to jd were they have ztracs ,repacement parts,and low and behold , jd crank deck, i pulled it up got the part number for the blades for that deck and then went to their mower blade section and and cross referanced the numbers were it said crank blade they were the same, the ztracs take a different part number,so the mysterious crank blade will only fit jds crank deck mowers!! i like j thomas though first time there!!

MMLawn
05-09-2005, 12:51 AM
did a little research on J-Thomas website and i found out that john deere made some mowers that had a crank deck that you had to crank it up and down for deck height adjustment, the crank blades mentioned were for those machines, went to j thomas ,online catalog,scrolled down to jd were they have ztracs ,repacement parts,and low and behold , jd crank deck, i pulled it up got the part number for the blades for that deck and then went to their mower blade section and and cross referanced the numbers were it said crank blade they were the same, the ztracs take a different part number,so the mysterious crank blade will only fit jds crank deck mowers!! i like j thomas though first time there!!

Ahhh...that's exactly what the poster right above your post told you 12 hours earlier :p

Don't get too excited just yet over J-Thomas' JD Blades cause when I called last week to order some sets they didn't have ANY JD Z model blades in stock and weren't sure when they would have any. So go to Landscape Supply a Sponsor on here cause they do have them in stock and they are around the same price.

heavenlydeere
05-09-2005, 09:04 AM
m&m, back off, i didnt see the second page until i was finished with my reply
any way i wasnt trying to win an award, just trying to help, the gentleman that posted above me was right on with his answer and i didnt try to take any thing away from that !!
my apologise protouchlawn, i wasnt cashing in on your post, i just didnt see the second page !!

MMLawn
05-09-2005, 09:51 AM
m&m, back off, i didnt see the second page until i was finished with my reply
any way i wasnt trying to win an award, just trying to help, the gentleman that posted above me was right on with his answer and i didnt try to take any thing away from that !!
my apologise protouchlawn, i wasnt cashing in on your post, i just didnt see the second page !!

Dang, I liitle touchy there dude?? That was a joke, hence the tongue face!

I guess you didn't READ my post as that jest of it was to let you know that that dealer doesn't have JD Blades in stock but who did......geez, kinda like you "23 years in business" at only 34 years old, meaning that you would have started your "business" at 11 years old.......I guess that means instaed of the REAL 26 years I have been doing this that in fact I have been "in business" 40 years then since I cut my first lawn at 7...;)

marko
05-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Dang, I liitle touchy there dude?? That was a joke, hence the tongue face!

I guess you didn't READ my post as that jest of it was to let you know that that dealer doesn't have JD Blades in stock but who did......geez, kinda like you "23 years in business" at only 34 years old, meaning that you would have started your "business" at 11 years old.......I guess that means instaed of the REAL 26 years I have been doing this that in fact I have been "in business" 40 years then since I cut my first lawn at 7...;)

MM, your being a Peck3r again! :p

deereman
05-10-2005, 12:36 AM
now now c-mon guys. it was just a question

heavenlydeere
05-10-2005, 11:34 AM
all in fun m&m all in fun!!!!

heavenlydeere
05-10-2005, 11:47 AM
my dad was a stickler about how the yard looked ,so i learned how to manicure a lawn at an early age, so yeah i can say that i have that much exp and so can you !! i have had ins and license for 6 yrs !

grasscutter122003
05-13-2005, 08:54 PM
A cranked blade is one with a higher center or mounting area. The blade looks bent equally on each side from the sale to the center hole. :)