PDA

View Full Version : Was I over pricing on quote?

CHEVYCRAIG
05-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Had my first commercial quote (approx.1.5-1.75 acre fairly all flat, five trees to edge around 2 two small beds in front 4x10 bushes are all brand new less the 2 feet tall, cut on a as needed basis and pull weeds in bed on a as needed basis also. Small hill on back side to cut twice a year to knock down brush approx.10'x 60' and blow off a 20 space parking lot for grass clippings. Quoted 127.50 per week or 381.50 per month and cut every 10 days. does this sound like its in the ball park?? would appreciate comments thank you!

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
05-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Seems in the ballpark to me, why not just cut the 10x60 every time? Takes what, 5 minutes tops? Seems like a weird request to me. If that is the going rate in your area, seems about right. Might be a tad high, I would probably bid it at $100.00 per time but the rate is a little lower in my area.

bogey
05-07-2005, 05:41 PM
There are a lot of factors to consider, like what your overhead is, what size and type of machine are you planning to use. Is it just you, or do you have employees helping. You need to figure out how long this property will take you from start to finish, and price it accordingly based on your expenses. Also, consider the current condition of the property, is it a class "A", or less. The current condition can tell you what type of client you are dealing with. What may seem reasonable for one lawn care company to charge, might seem below value to another.

Hope this helps.

LightningLawns
05-07-2005, 06:37 PM
You should bill the hedge and weed control seperate, also the back hill i'd charge extra for that as well.

Texas Mowem
05-07-2005, 07:18 PM
There are a lot of factors to consider, like what your overhead is, what size and type of machine are you planning to use. Is it just you, or do you have employees helping. You need to figure out how long this property will take you from start to finish, and price it accordingly based on your expenses. Also, consider the current condition of the property, is it a class "A", or less. The current condition can tell you what type of client you are dealing with. What may seem reasonable for one lawn care company to charge, might seem below value to another.

Hope this helps.

I really think your cost of business does not dictate price I believe the market dictates price.

By the way I would of been at $300 a month but would of only done it EOW I dont do 10 day accounts they are way too hard to schedule.

ed2hess
05-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I think you did okay in this bid, doesn't sound very complicated and we would NOT charge extra for two small items like cutting that area and putting a little round-up on weeds. Don't know what the previous response was regarding your overhead, price is set by competition and NOT your cost! Good Luck!

DennisF
05-07-2005, 08:30 PM
I really think your cost of business does not dictate price I believe the market dictates price.

By the way I would of been at $300 a month but would of only done it EOW I dont do 10 day accounts they are way too hard to schedule.

Ditto to that! Your cost of doing business has nothing to do with competitive pricing.

Here in Florida the same job would be $90 per visit or $45 per acre.