PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Walker Seat Switch Adjustment

mcambrose
05-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Is there any way to adjust the new type WAlker seat switch. The old type switches could be screwed out, so it took less seat pressure to keep the blades on.

fixer67
05-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Yes, I just made a tool at work just for this. Get a peice of rod stock about a 1/4 to 5/16 of an inch rod and about a foot or more long. I used the blade brake release handle off an old push mower. Cut a slot in the end about a half inch deep. Reach under the seat and bend the switch arm and then try the seat. You may have to try it a few times to get it to work just right. Is there a delay when you get off the seat before the engine dies? There should be about a 1 to 1.5 second delay so if you hit a bump and come off the seat the engine does not die right away. If there is no delay the delay is messed up. They had a grounding problem with the delay module. The ground wire is now ran to the battery ground. Now if the unit will not start at all the switch is not the problem. Let me know how you do.

mcambrose
05-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Delay seems to work fine. I will try to fab the tool you described. If you had a photo that would be even better. If I understand right, the slot is just so it can grab the seat switch. Thanks.

Green Pastures
05-18-2005, 09:53 AM
I just jammed on old worn out work glove under the seat. I only weigh about a buck fifty and with me on the seat the blades were always shutting off.

fixer67
05-19-2005, 01:17 AM
Delay seems to work fine. I will try to fab the tool you described. If you had a photo that would be even better. If I understand right, the slot is just so it can grab the seat switch. Thanks.

I could post a picture of it but it would be worthless. You would not be able to tell much from it. All it is , is a piece of rod stock about 5/16 to 3/8 of an inch rod. Bent like the letter "L". The long leg is about 12" and the short leg is about 4" long. On the long leg I took a hacksaw and cut a slot in the end about 1/2" deep. I made it out of an old blade brake handle off aold junk push mower. It already had the bent in it