PDA

View Full Version : Ferris is 1500 or a Toro 450z

fld120sd
05-08-2005, 09:38 AM
I've narrowed it down to these two mowers...what is your preference of the two and why??
Both are priced the same when you add the bagger and the ROPs to the Ferris.
I cut 5 acres and it mostly flat but bumpy.

Thanks for your response
Clare

Envy Lawn Service
05-08-2005, 06:30 PM
I've narrowed it down to these two mowers...what is your preference of the two and why??
Both are priced the same when you add the bagger and the ROPs to the Ferris.
I cut 5 acres and it mostly flat but bumpy.

Thanks for your response
Clare

The Toro without question. Why do I say that... well line up a demo of both on the same day.... Bring Toro home.... run all day.... pick up Ferris before 5pm.... bring home.... park next to each other.... look them over.... If you can get past there then run the Ferris while the Toro is still fresh in your mind.

No question I'd take the 450Z for the same price!

Travis Followell
05-08-2005, 07:33 PM
I'd definately take the Ferris. Ferris makes some great mowers and if your yard is bumpy then the suspension would help to smooth it out and and they also cut great.

Envy Lawn Service
05-08-2005, 08:04 PM
I'd definately take the Ferris. Ferris makes some great mowers and if your yard is bumpy then the suspension would help to smooth it out and and they also cut great.
I'd be tempted if it were the IS3000 or the IS1000.

But not the 1500.... not that the 1500 is not probably just great.... but we are talking the same money here for the Toro 450Z which is the small frame with the 5 1/2" deep Turbo Force deck.

Travis Followell
05-09-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm not totally up to speed with the Toro machines. I do like the turbo force decks though.

Demo them both and get the one that fits your needs the best.