PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you PART 2

Shawns Lawns
05-08-2005, 09:53 AM
If you read my previous thread you would know of the trouble i have had with this pita. I went to cut her lawn on Thursday and i was only doing the front since the back was not long enough to cut yet. Well we were just about done and i went to the door to collect and she came out and said "You owe me $100" I asked for what she said that there were no branches in her back yard she spoke to the neighbor and he said he left no branches in her yard. I told her i have a helper that helped me clean her yard and we say we did it. She again told me i owe her money and that she is not going to pay for this cut so i told my helper to load up we were done. We did not finish the cut and she said that she does not want me back there. I am debating should i send her the pictures i took of her property before i started or forget i ever knew her. :waving:

topsites
05-08-2005, 10:09 AM
If you read my previous thread you would know of the trouble i have had with this pita. I went to cut her lawn on Thursday and i was only doing the front since the back was not long enough to cut yet. Well we were just about done and i went to the door to collect and she came out and said "You owe me $100" I asked for what she said that there were no branches in her back yard she spoke to the neighbor and he said he left no branches in her yard. I told her i have a helper that helped me clean her yard and we say we did it. She again told me i owe her money and that she is not going to pay for this cut so i told my helper to load up we were done. We did not finish the cut and she said that she does not want me back there. I am debating should i send her the pictures i took of her property before i started or forget i ever knew her. :waving:

Man, don't let them run you around like that, it sounds like you haven't been doing this very long. But I do get them as well, sometimes ...
First of all, I *never* cut just half a yard - All or nothing. Period.
I don't play comedian games: It's either my way, or no way.
Same thing goes for changing blade-height or any other firly-fanz stupid 'I wanna see how far you'll bend over for me' crap. I have right at 50 grass customers so if anyone wants to get smart like that, time to hit the road.
Better yet is the ones would like you to use their lawn-mower, lol.

I get them like that every once in a blue moon, but you can usually see it coming if you pay close attention. Usually the only time I fall for that kinda crap is when I'm short on work / money ... b@$7@rd$

ed2hess
05-08-2005, 10:59 AM
We are starting to use the camera more and more when we anticipate a problem such as the one you describe. I guess we will have to carry a newspaper with the headlines to prove we were at the site doing work. Just keep telling your self the customer is always right?

Shawns Lawns
05-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Topsites
I have been doing lawncare since 1986 and when she told me she was not paying me for the service i was performing for her that day there was no need for me to continue service. :waving:

Shawns Lawns
05-08-2005, 12:18 PM
We are starting to use the camera more and more when we anticipate a problem such as the one you describe. I guess we will have to carry a newspaper with the headlines to prove we were at the site doing work. Just keep telling your self the customer is always right?
I did not think of the newspaper idea good thinking. :waving: