PDA

View Full Version : Bid packet

Tharrell
05-08-2005, 05:28 PM
I received a request to bid on 2 weigh stations the other day. I love the fact that EVERYTHING is spelled out. My question for you guys that have experience with this is: What kind of "other stuff" would you include in the packet? For instance, would you include pics or a cd of your work? What kind of introductory letter would you include. My only experience is a handshake so far. By the way, it's weekly from march 1 thru november 15 then cleanup every 3 weeks until march 1 of next year. The contract starts on 6-1. After getting this packet in the mail, I'm spoiled for commercial work. We'll see how the bidding goes.

J Hisch
05-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I usually don't include anything extra, just my normal proposal information. I do however have a area on my proposal that allows me to put other properties we service in their area. These are usually properties where everyone goes sometime or another. Cracker Barrel, shopping centers etc. The reason I don't include all the extra stuff is if they sent me a packet then they know who we are.

MMLawn
05-08-2005, 11:28 PM
I received a request to bid on 2 weigh stations the other day. I love the fact that EVERYTHING is spelled out. My question for you guys that have experience with this is: What kind of "other stuff" would you include in the packet? For instance, would you include pics or a cd of your work? What kind of introductory letter would you include. My only experience is a handshake so far. By the way, it's weekly from march 1 thru november 15 then cleanup every 3 weeks until march 1 of next year. The contract starts on 6-1. After getting this packet in the mail, I'm spoiled for commercial work. We'll see how the bidding goes.

There these in NC? Cause the State uses their own full-time mowing crews. Also don't get too excited cause the State doesn't pay very well.

Tharrell
05-09-2005, 10:10 PM
ha ha ha They must be pretty stupid to send me a bid packet if they already mow it! I know what the old bid was and it wasn't bad.