PDA

View Full Version : How much to clear this? (Pictures)

Petr51488
05-08-2005, 08:35 PM
I have to give some prices on this big job.. How much would you guys charge for this? I would go out and rent a brush hog and just level it. The rubbish doesn't have to be taken away. So, give me some estimates.... if you have any questions just let me know.. I have to go up to the yellowish tree in the back.. and theres about 50 more feet behind the building.

toxic man
05-08-2005, 08:43 PM
If that green brush doesn't have anything to be taken down with a chain saw, then I would charge 250 to mow it down and leave it in place. That is considering I own a Gravely with a 30 brush mower and it would probably take me from setting the brake to pulling away, 45 min-1 hour.

Lou

Creative Lawn Care
05-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I was also thinking 200-250 but I also have a tractor with a bush hog. I would figure at least one hour. Make sure the cars are moved, bush hogs can throw some mean stuff

Petr51488
05-08-2005, 09:18 PM
If that green brush doesn't have anything to be taken down with a chain saw, then I would charge 250 to mow it down and leave it in place. That is considering I own a Gravely with a 30 brush mower and it would probably take me from setting the brake to pulling away, 45 min-1 hour.

Lou

Those green bushes don't need a chainsaw to take down. They are nothing but weeds. The thing is that i would have to rent a brush hog for 60.00 Anyone else?

Ark-Lawn
05-08-2005, 09:36 PM
$260...rent the Hog (-$60)...hour or so later...you walk away with $200! payup Nice pay check for riding on a tractor for an hour!

Petr51488
05-08-2005, 09:37 PM
$260...rent the Hog (-$60)...hour or so later...you walk away with $200! payup Nice pay check for riding on a tractor for an hour!

I dont think its the type that you sit on.. I think you walk behind it.. I would think that it would take more than an hour.. i was thinking 4 hours..

LightningLawns
05-08-2005, 10:21 PM
I'd hire it out, make about 100$ bucks off of it. You never know what could happen when bush hogging. Especially if you don't really know what your doing.

toxic man
05-09-2005, 03:12 AM
You can buy a gravely in your part of the country relatively cheap ~700.00. I have and do on a consistent basis, cut 20 thousand square feet properties with 4-5 foot high brush with no problem in 70-90 min. No lie! If the gravely will push it over, then it will cut it. What you are looking at in your picture is about 7-8 thousand square feet, no Problem.

Lou

DFW Area Landscaper
05-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Because we have very little experience with a mess like that, it's hourly. $36 per man-hour. I would guess a three man crew could knock that out with line trimmers in an hour, and if we are allowed to leave all the crap laying there when we're done, it ought to be something close to $108.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

toxic man
05-09-2005, 10:54 AM
If you weed whack it, it will leave long strands of debris on the ground that will look like @#$%%. A brush mower will mulch the material and actually leave a very presentable finish on the ground with no discernable pieces longer that 1 inch.

Happier customer- more referals,

lou

beransfixitinc
05-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Are they really sure they want that knocked down? It looks to be providing a halfways decent hiding of the crappy looking building behind it.

A+ Lawncare
05-09-2005, 12:07 PM
If you weed whack it, it will leave long strands of debris on the ground that will look like @#$%%. A brush mower will mulch the material and actually leave a very presentable finish on the ground with no discernable pieces longer that 1 inch.

Happier customer- more referals,

lou

i think if you used an w/b or ztr after weed whacking and used the mower as an groom mower to have an A+ image afterwards it wouldn't look to bad, maybe bag?

but i think the bush hog is the way to go... maybe sub it out to an nearby farmer who will take $50 cash and be very happy for his hour of labor.... even if you charge the CO. $200 u'de make $150 (after the farmer's wage), thats pretty good i think.... :cool:

Petr51488
05-09-2005, 12:16 PM
i think if you used an w/b or ztr after weed whacking and used the mower as an groom mower to have an A+ image afterwards it wouldn't look to bad, maybe bag?

but i think the bush hog is the way to go... maybe sub it out to an nearby farmer who will take $50 cash and be very happy for his hour of labor.... even if you charge the CO. $200 u'de make $150 (after the farmer's wage), thats pretty good i think.... :cool:

Sorry, no farms around here. IS a brush hog the same thing as a brush mower? like this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71272&item=4379586971&rd=1

Gravely_Man
05-09-2005, 12:50 PM
The below is music to my ears........an old Gravely!

You can buy a gravely in your part of the country relatively cheap ~700.00. I have and do on a consistent basis, cut 20 thousand square feet properties with 4-5 foot high brush with no problem in 70-90 min. No lie! If the gravely will push it over, then it will cut it. What you are looking at in your picture is about 7-8 thousand square feet, no Problem.

Lou

Pro-Scapes
05-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Because we have very little experience with a mess like that, it's hourly. $36 per man-hour. I would guess a three man crew could knock that out with line trimmers in an hour, and if we are allowed to leave all the crap laying there when we're done, it ought to be something close to $108.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

String trimmers might be a bad idea. Maybe brush cutters but not string. I would say hit it with a brush mower. I got a 30" billy goat and it just eats that stuff up. Leaves bit of a swirled cut so usually requires a recut of some sort if your wanting it to look good. I use my billy goat to mow fence rows all the time for farmers. Bout an hour or so for that job maybe bit more since it would be your first. I would bid 175ish if they didn't care and more if they wanted it cleaned and recut

freddyc
05-09-2005, 01:24 PM
can a gas and a match---- 15 minutes :D