PDA

View Full Version : Gravely

randy2625
05-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Gravely is acting up. This is my second season using my Gravely 36" gear drive just bought it new at the start of the year. im using a sulky on it to. But my problem is that ever time the right gear seems like it gets stuck i let the lever down to engage it so it starts moving the left one starts going but the right one doesnt kick in. i have to mess around it to get it going like giving it alittle puss to go.

Mowingman
05-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Sounds like drive belt is slipping on one side. you have a 2 year warranty, so take it back to the dealer and have it looked at. Many of the Gravely gear drive walkbehinds that were manufactured earily last year are covered by a service bulletin for an upgrade to the drive belts and pulleys. Have your dealer see if your machine is included in that.

randy2625
05-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Good thinking i called my gravely dealer and i get new pulleys and new belts put on for free. Got to love a warranty :cool2:

ed2hess
05-12-2005, 06:53 PM
I won't get to excited I would really find out exactly what is the difference. I went through two years of hell with a 36" Snapper that had the same problem and it NEVER got fixed!! Snapper tried to convince me that mine was the only one that didn't work and I knew that wasn't true, it was a BAD design!!

Mowingman
05-12-2005, 08:35 PM
The upgrade kit will fix the problem on the Gravelys. We have done 3 machines and the problem did not reappear on any of them. Part of the problem was that the belts did not fit right in the pulley groove. This did not let the belts develop full adhesion, causing slipping.

Gravely_Man
05-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Glad to hear this took care of the problem. Make sure and let us know if this problem comes back.

Gravely_Man