PDA

View Full Version : Watch out Kawasaki L/C owners did you know??

MJB
05-09-2005, 11:36 AM
I have had no problems with my 23 hp L/C Kawasaki in my Lazer Z until 2500 hrs. I just found out that the muffler started to breakup inside and fed metal into the valves. If you own one that has the muffler slightly elevated above the exhaust ports watch out for this around 2000 hrs. My muffler started blowing red puffs of rust when I went to full throttle. Anyway I'm replacing the valves, pushrods springs etc all because of the muffler. A piece of metal was stuck in one of the valves.

South Florida Lawns
05-09-2005, 05:23 PM
What is the cost to have all that work done? Have you had any other problems with the engine? I have a new toro with the 19 hp kawasaki.

rbeitz
05-09-2005, 05:49 PM
I had my Turf Tiger in for some routine maintenance over the winter and my dealer pointed out that my muffler was starting to come apart around the pipes that connect the motor to the muffler. He warned me that if I did not replace it soon it could burn the valves. The new muffler set me back $162 plus the labor to put it on. My 27hp has around 1750 hours on it.

MJB
05-10-2005, 10:47 AM
The price for parts is $437. so far. I have a freind who rebuilds engines fixing it so I'll probably have $100 in labor. This has been a great engine, other than a few minor repairs , hoses, belts etc. But I was hoping to get 5000 hrs before doing any major repairs. The bottom end is tight, compression is good, so we will just wait an see on that. I didn't even think about the muffler causing this problem, oh well live and learn......