PDA

View Full Version : new chainsaw

f350dieselemt
05-09-2005, 12:20 PM
hey guys wuts going on? i just have a quick question for you all. Does anyone have any recomendations on a chainsaw. i want another saw and im not sure what to get... anyhelp would be greatly appreciated

txlawnking
05-09-2005, 01:00 PM
I couldn't Give you much advice without knowing how you're planning to use it..Eg: Every once in a while, pretty regularly, or professionally?

I will say if your looking for a piece to last you for a while go with a Quality machine from Stihl, Husky, Shindaiwa, or Redmax..Jonesreds are a good unit too if they sell them where you live..

Either way, find a Dealer that YOU TRUST, tell him how your gonna use it, and if he knows his stuff, he should be able to answer your question...

Btw, do your research online, at any of the aforementioned Manufacturer's websites, and they will likely answer your questions for you..The products are usually arranged according to their intended usage.. That may help you cut truogh any B.S. an UNTRUSTWORTHY dealer may try to spin to you..Be educated before you buy

Hope I helped and didn't confuse.

out4now
05-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Exactly what he said ^. What will you be using it for and how often? Limbing, working aloft, take downs, etc.

procut
05-09-2005, 02:14 PM
I'd reccommend a Stihl.

iluvscag
05-09-2005, 03:32 PM
We have loads and loads of stihl chainsaws some are new and some are old. They never stop.
farm boss

Now remeber fella some of the number you might not know because they are older.

txlawnking
05-09-2005, 04:53 PM
We have loads and loads of stihl chainsaws some are new and some are old. They never stop.
farm boss

Now remeber fella some of the number you might not know because they are older.

You forgot the best of the Stihl oldies.... the o8s.... I'm still looking for one....that or an s10..

PLM-1
05-09-2005, 04:58 PM
I've gotta Shindy 488. I love it. Comfortable to use and have never had a problem with it. The thing i don't like about the Stihls is all the plastic, but don't get me wrong, they must be good saws because they sure do sell a lot!