PDA

View Full Version : Is this for real? Murray similar to Exmark

grasswhacker
05-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Here is a link to a 26" murray that is designed like the Exmark 26" metro. Check it out and give your opinion. I know that Murray is mostly garbage, and have never had one, but it looks as though they have a knockoff or maybe the original design that Exmark had to workout patent problems with the Murray mfg.. Could have been the hold up on delivery. No idea really though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71272&item=4380333804&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

proenterprises
05-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Nope, these have been around longer than exmark has. I actually own one of these (purchased a few years ago), it worked okay for occasional use (all I used it for).
However, Murray did not copy exmark. Im sure the exmark machine is built for heavy duty use, as this is not.

grasswhacker
05-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Nope, these have been around longer than exmark has. I actually own one of these (purchased a few years ago), it worked okay for occasional use (all I used it for).
However, Murray did not copy exmark. Im sure the exmark machine is built for heavy duty use, as this is not.

So Exmark maybe using a design that is a few years old. Interesting. Hopefully it will work better than the Murray for 4 times as much.

lawn_pro
05-09-2005, 08:41 PM
they both look kind of goofy, just stick to the commercial 21's