PDA

View Full Version : should I install my own driveway?

lovdasnow
05-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Hello, I'll start by saying that I have a landscape maintenance business, so thats why I'm posting on this site.

I'm in the process of building a garage at my house, and am planning on installing a paver driveway, walkways, and front steps. I've been reading a lot in prep for the install.

I guess my main question is: Should I do it myself, or is it worth hiring someone(obviously I'm trying to save some cash).

And what books or websites do you reccomend for more information on installation???(i've read a lot on the icpi site)

thanks, Jon

YardPro
05-09-2005, 08:27 PM
go for it...

keep in mind it is a lot of work... especially for a driveway.

The Good Earth
05-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Swing for the fences!! Do it yourself and take your lumps as a learning experience. Take some polaroids and put them in your portfolio. Then when a customer asks if you do pavers you have a truthful answer.

As for sites and any other info you really can't beat the info on this site.

lovdasnow
05-10-2005, 01:45 AM
thanks, I've been reading alot. I feel like I could definatly do it, just wanted to get some advice.
I'm sure I will have some more questions as I get going with the project.

if anyone has any source of other good info let me know. thanks Jon

mruth77
05-10-2005, 12:48 PM
I went to an EP Henry seminar a few weeks back. I learned so much valuable information from that.

lovdasnow
05-10-2005, 10:22 PM
I looked up ep henry and they are nowhere near where I live although that class sounds great. I have thought about taking the icpi class because this sort of thing interests me.

so do you guys know if there are any similar classes in oregon?

thanks again...jon