PDA

View Full Version : What day of the week is your easiest/hardest

South Florida Lawns
05-09-2005, 07:04 PM
What days of the week do you do the most work? and which are your easy ones excluding the weekends? seems to me the begining of the week is lite mowing but by the end of the week im slammed with so many other "projects" for customers and every one wants short grass on fridays for the weekend. Also should i let customers tell me what day of the week they wan't their yard cut?

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
05-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Wednesday's and Thursday's are my busiest, 12 lawns each, and Monday's and Tuesday's are my easiest with 5 and 7 lawns respectively. I work my way back from Thursday to fill up my route, still not done yet, not by a long shot. But my 2nd year in the business is going fairly well. I dont work on Friday-Sunday in case of rain. I leave Friday open hoping if their is a loss day, it is only one day and I can make it up by Friday leaving my weekends open for travel to my cottage or landscaping work I line up.

kppurn
05-09-2005, 07:42 PM
For mowing it would be Wednesday and Thursday. Tuesday is busy, but rather easy. Friday is light right now and done on purpose. Mondays depend on what I have scheduled. I use Monday for fertilizing, mulch, etc. Three of us finished a job this past Saturday that I planned on finishing today. I decided to leave today open and take the day off other than equipment maintenance. :sleeping:

David Grass
05-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Same, Wed and Thursday, altho I do mix in some 10 day accounts, so some Mondays can be very busy, just according to how stuff lines up. Friday is usually half a day, unless we have been rained out!

dfor
05-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Mondays and Thursdays are my busiest. Fridays are the lightest, purposely.

lawnguyland
05-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Good question. Also weds and thurs.

Lux Lawn
05-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Seems popular Wednesday & Thursday are the busiest for cutting but I try to keep all days equal.Friday has always been a very light day for us like others done on purpose...but for some reason this year we got slammed with calls from the area's we work in on Friday and now it has picked up.

Equipguy
05-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Tuesday, wednesday & thurdsay are the busy days, monday and friday are light schedule days. Set up that way.

turfmaster90
05-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Mondays are a real killer for me we have about 9 different places we service totaling about 125 acres. We start about 7:00 am and finish up near 11:00 pm. The rest of the we we work from about 8AM til 3 PM.

Saturdays are used for a rain day if needed. My crew would rather work later during the week than mess up their weekend. That suits me just fine..........

I like to lift weights on saturday night........12 oz at a time.

rodfather
05-09-2005, 09:06 PM
All the same...and too much as well. Period

DennisF
05-09-2005, 09:12 PM
I mow 14-15 lawns per day so everyday is busy. Friday is slow... as long as I didn't get rained out during the week.

Jpocket
05-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Tuesday thru Friday are our busiest days some times we are loaded on Monday too if it rained the following week. If it's half way dry atleast five days out of six we'll make it. LOL

Lawnchoice
05-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Fridays!

All of the high ends request the end of the week for their weekly cuts.

It all evens out though.

lawnandplow42
05-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Monday, tuesday, and saturday :dizzy:

Eho
05-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Well I have mine divided in different areas, Wednesdays and Thursdays I mow on the south side of my town which is where my business is growing the most. Wednesday, Thursday are really heavy. Medium on Tuesday and Friday. Mondays are light and Saturday is make up day. Sundays off regardless
EHO

MowerMoney
05-09-2005, 09:56 PM
I did 15 lawns today (solo operator) and drove 42 miles to do them all. Tuesday & Wednesday are even busier days. Thursday has a lot of cuts but 10 sre on one street and another 5 within 2 miles. Fridays I cut till about 1 PM leaving the afternoon and Saturdays for catchup if required. The last 4 Saturdays and this coming one as well, I've been doing aerations. Several evenings of each week I've been doing cleanups, putting in gardens, etc.
It is the busy season.
And it feels real good to be making some coin again.

lawnman_scott
05-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Mon-thrus we do 25-35 a day, and fri we do 3, but fridays are all big commercial. And to awnser the question, no i dont think you should let a customer choose their day of service.

northwest lawn
05-09-2005, 10:39 PM
hardest day is on saturday 90 lawns monday and wensday easy with three on monday and 11 on friday

nriddle77
05-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Friday is normally my longest day. I've been using it to catch up from all the stinkin rain we've been having.
I wouldn't let the customer decide which day you'll mow. Tell them you'll do your best to accomadate them, but don't waste time driving all over town just to make one person happy.

HazellLawnCare
05-10-2005, 12:07 AM
We work as long as it is daylight 5 days a week. Monday morning through Wednesday evening we do all of our commercial work and Thursday morning through Friday evening its all residential. Thursday and Fridays seem to be the busiest because we are hurrying from one job to another well other than every Friday morning we mow 2 city blocks worth of condos. And yes they picked the day and they pay well enough to pick it. I usually work most of the weekend doing odd work anywhere from trimming shrubs to fertilizing to doing lawn installs. My easiest days of the week would have to wait till after Christmas then it is everyday until the first of March!

Fantasy Lawns
05-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Tues, Wend, Thurs

Gravely_Man
05-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Friday is the busiest day (everyone wants their lawn cut before the weekend) of the week and Sunday is the most enjoyable as no work gets done on Sunday. That is a day to spend with the family.

Gravely_Man