PDA

View Full Version : wasted day of estimates

kc2006
05-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Talk about a wasted day. I was out doing estimates all day and nothing is looking promising...yet.

first one the guy sounded real happy with the price and all but was alittle strange, wanted me to cut it one time so he could deside if he liked the way i cut, so i said thats fine with me but I need paid up front and need to add $15 to the price because your not agreeing to a year service agreement yet, he said thats fine but he would call me at the end of the week. Then i go to a condo development just to find out the woman that calling and saying she was on the council ended up to be the local PITA neighbor and has no say in development :angry: then 2 weren't home and this was for shrub trimming and a lawn repair so I didnt want to leave an estimate and not be totally sure of what wants done. I have two more to go to in alittle bit, so hopefully those sign on the spot. Also have a couple tomorrow to check out and the phone is still ringing. Hopefully they work out better. Anyone else have a fun day :D

out4now
05-09-2005, 07:56 PM
On the ones that weren't home did you put out some flyers? Maybe the day wasn't a complete waste, never know. The first guy sounds like a price shopper and probable PITA though.

kc2006
05-09-2005, 09:24 PM
These are all calls from the 5000 flyers i had put out already so the neighbors all have the flyer already.

Picked up a shrub trimming job, and hopefully going to get this 500 dollar lawn repair, got 3 more calls while i was out so response isn't bad, its just no one wants mowing its all shrub trimming, lawn repairs one time jobs.

arborist-28
05-10-2005, 02:01 PM
another day another nickel ... hahaha I know the feeling ... c