PDA

View Full Version : Anyone chip a tooth while trimming yet this season?

Up North
05-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Smacked a rock off one of my teeth today while weed whacking...hurt like a son of a gun for a bit but luckily it didn't break. I have to remember not to smile while trimming... :D

Also shot part of a pop can out of my Z today and as it flew up into the air it went into a near-by road and hit a cop car on the fly... :blush:. I thought I was far enough away from the road and flying debris wouldn't be an issue but this piece of aluminum kind of acted like a frisbee for a bit then as it got out there a ways it kind turned up and then started fluttering down just as the cop drove under it...doink!! I stopped but he just kept on going. I kept my eye out for him as I was sure he was going to come back but he never did. I even called the restuarant and told them about it so that if he called they could direct him towards me.

One of those days I guess... :dizzy:

Buck

nobagger
05-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Sounds like you had a good day.LOL I launched a rock off of my face mowing my own lawn when I got home. I just picked up a stick edger and it cuts down the amount of crap flying around while trying to use a string trimmer. And i think I sent a snake for a ride Friday, it wasn't very big but it flew out of the shut like a champ and landed on the side of this house.

Lawnchoice
05-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Buck -

I hate to laugh but that is funny. I have had rocks smack me in the face leaving a nice sharp pain and a line of sweaty blood but thank god nothing in the teeth.

You might want to consider going out there tomorrow equipped with these.......

clay duncan
05-09-2005, 09:57 PM
i caught a rock in my right nostril last friday. i have been complaining all day how sore my nose is. it feels like someone punched me.

MMLawn
05-09-2005, 09:58 PM
What's a pop can? :laugh:

ProCare Lawn Service
05-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Had a rock shoot up my nose the other day, luckily it fell back out. Hurt like hell!

jpp
05-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Took a rock off the side of my temple two weeks ago. Just below my eye glasses. That hurt. :cry:

LightningLawns
05-09-2005, 10:27 PM
I had a guy edging and he hit a .22 caliber bullet, it shot into the ground though. :eek:

martyman
05-09-2005, 10:27 PM
atleast once a season I get a rock off the tip of my nose and then a tear runs down my face from the shooting pain. :D

Up North
05-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Buck -

I hate to laugh but that is funny. I have had rocks smack me in the face leaving a nice sharp pain and a line of sweaty blood but thank god nothing in the teeth.

You might want to consider going out there tomorrow equipped with
these.......

LOL! Yeah Nate, I need both of those. Protect my choppers and the coppers... :D

I forgot about the rock up the nose deal...haven't had that happen this season yet but I'm sure it will. Broke the crystal on my watch last year while trimming. :angry:

Buck

Laurentian
05-09-2005, 11:49 PM
pop or soda its all the same..

Albemarle Lawn
05-09-2005, 11:56 PM
The #1 reason to keep your mouth shut while weed eating....drumroll.....

DOGPOOP! :angry:

For obvious reasons KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

Itsgottobegreen
05-10-2005, 12:04 AM
What's a pop can? :laugh:

For your southern boys. That a 16 ounce aluminum soda can.

CuttingCrew
05-10-2005, 01:19 AM
I've had to remind myself numerous time this season already to shut my mouth while I'm trimming. My customers must wonder what the heck I'm doing coughing and spitting like a fool to get the rock, mud, grass or whatever out of my mouth.
Glad I had my mouth shut when I hit that snake the other day!

Mike

Gravely_Man
05-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Had that been me the police would have been all over me. I never seem to get a break. Sounds like it all turn out ok for you.

Gravely_Man

Up North
05-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Had that been me the police would have been all over me. I never seem to get a break. Sounds like it all turn out ok for you.

Gravely_Man

Yeah turned out okay I guess. Kind of funny now when I think back on it...watching that aluminum fly out there and I'm thinking "uh oh" then of all things it drops on a cop car. Seemed like it happened in slow motion as well... :dizzy:

Buck

mad_wrestler
05-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Soda can??? Is that the same as a beer can? We ain't nun to brite down here lol

fga
05-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Smacked a rock off one of my teeth today while weed whacking...hurt like a son of a gun for a bit but luckily it didn't break. I have to remember not to smile while trimming... :D

Buck
buck,
i'm just laughing pictureing you trimming with a big grin for no reason other then you're trimming.. you seem like a guy who is for the most part always in a good mood. :D :drinkup:

Up North
05-11-2005, 06:50 PM
buck,
i'm just laughing pictureing you trimming with a big grin for no reason other then you're trimming.. you seem like a guy who is for the most part always in a good mood. :D :drinkup:

Hey Adam,
What's shaking buddy? Happy go lucky...that's me. Plus it's hard not to smile when I'm thinking about getting home to my two boys! But now I know why I have green speckled teeth...I'll have to think about something I don't like while I trim. :D

Man, what's wrong with the Yanks?!?! Twins are playing great ball so far but the dang White Sux are having a career start...go figure.

Buck