PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Cub striper kit

n1wlc
05-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Just put a scag striper kit on my tiger cub and WOW this kit works great.
Have the cut height set at 3 1/2" and still experimenting. I really like the easy of setup, just pull two pins and in business. I was hesitant at first because of the price being almost $ 300.00 for the attachment but after seeing how well built it was decided to take the plung. Looks like it will last a life time. :)

jt5019
05-09-2005, 09:20 PM
I have been debating getting one.... the price is a bit steep, always manage to find something else to blow money on. :rolleyes:

SeacoastDesignsL&L
05-09-2005, 10:10 PM
I just bought the tiger cub and have been looking into the stripping kit too. When you said you just pull 2 pins does that mean the stripping kit isnt fixed in place and you can decide if you want to use it depending on the job?

TURF DOCTOR
05-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Sound great we bought a wildcat 25 hp kawasaki 52 in deck,

jt5019
05-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I just bought the tiger cub and have been looking into the stripping kit too. When you said you just pull 2 pins does that mean the stripping kit isnt fixed in place and you can decide if you want to use it depending on the job?

Yes i believe thats the case.

n1wlc
05-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Yes, there are two pins on each side of the rear of the machine. Just pull and twist and it is spring loaded putting pressure on the grass, Seems very well built and should last awhile. When done with the lawn just lift the handle and put the pin back in place and the sriper is up and out of the way. The only problem I can see is it might cause a problem with backing over a high curb. This is not a problem for me.

Lawn Masters LC
05-10-2005, 08:38 PM
We just placed a striping kit on our cub and turf tiger. We love them. Good property, drop'em, bad property leave'm up. They're great.

ed2hess
05-10-2005, 09:54 PM
I was concerned that if you do a lot of sharp turning it would rip out the grass down to the dirt?

naturescape
05-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Does it look like your could attach one of these to a walk-behind? Curious........

n1wlc
05-11-2005, 07:30 PM
The kit is attached to a horizontal bar on the rear of the machine with u bolts.
Guess if your machine has a bar it could be adapted.

NO, the striper won't dig up the grass. Even when taking a sharp turn. It has large heavy plastic rollers which are spring loaded to give with the grass contour.