PDA

View Full Version : Called Redmax support today about EBZ 8000

dcplace2004
05-10-2005, 01:27 AM
I saw a post about whether there was going to be an 8001 or something of that nature and the Redmax support guy said that the only change in the near future for now would be the Strato-Charging of the 7001--nothing else for now...so, it is the 8000 for some time and the 7001 upgrade...Stihl will be coming out with the BR600 and we shall see on that deal...I returned my BR550 for a full refund within the 7 day guarantee thank goodness (I know I tried to justify it on post) cause the power was substandard...I had to get right up on pulled weeds and pine cones to move them...I had to wiggle the tube into the grass in front of it or touch the pine cone to get it to move...when I demoed the 8000 I flung 6 inch rocks out of the mud with ease...the 8000 wind force twists you at the hip--the 550 cannot be felt when you hit the throttle (which is slow by the way)....excellent throttle response on the 8000...anyone know of any blower to match the 8000?....let me know...

lawncare3
05-10-2005, 02:38 AM
I will add one thing... The 800 has a problem with the carb or something. I took mine in last week and they said it needed a "update" kit. will pick it up in the morning... wait it is morning. so I will pick it up in the afternoon when I wake up.

dcplace2004
05-10-2005, 02:54 AM
I will call tomorrow and ask about this...I want to make sure that before I spend half a friggin thousand dollars on a machine, that it works without a bunch of problems...you do mean the EBZ 8000 right?

arborist-28
05-10-2005, 07:51 AM
I really like the 550br I like the price I like the features, I like the price and the $ it will save me, I like that it's quiet, but I love the sound of the redmax power ... I need to blow sticks with ease, rocks without bending over.. so I think I will go with the rexmax because I want the power, not the comfort or the fuel economy...I will be able to get the job done faster and be able to move on to the next task @ hand making up for the fuel costs in the long run and will have the most powerful blower on the market ... I can with the vibrations and the extra noise ...c

Gautreaux's LNG
05-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Get the 8000 or the 7001 from redmax. the update kit for the 8000 changes two pieces. One is the Choke plate, with a definate click and spring load the choke will stay put and not effect the running of the machine by vibrating partly closed. the other piece is from that part to the filter outlet. If you have one bring it by your dealer. Both blowers work really well depending on your blowing needs. The new ones will have the kit installed already. Good Luck.

lawncare3
05-12-2005, 01:00 AM
I will call tomorrow and ask about this...I want to make sure that before I spend half a friggin thousand dollars on a machine, that it works without a bunch of problems...you do mean the EBZ 8000 right?

I just found out today all the new units will have the update already in place. And this hing really BLOWS :D DEFINATELY worth the $ over a stihl ANY day. Been there dun that NEVER again will I buy a stihl blower.