PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best WB Bagger??

crosson lawn
05-10-2005, 09:24 PM
I just came into three very nice properties for 750 a month and i knew he wanted them bagged. i was waiting for him to say yes or no and now i have to find one. i start the first of september so i have some time. i use a 50" dixie chopper now and don't want to outfit it with a bagger so i will just get a WB for his properties and hopfully the other clientel will follow. He is a doctor in this area and he kept the same LCO for 9 years till he retired this year. This guy was one of very few mabe as little as 3 or 4 companies that offer bagging. so i want to do this one the best i can.

Zr2_thunder
05-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Check out http://www.grasscatchersusa.com/ It may be a help to you.

Mountain Peak
05-10-2005, 09:33 PM
I have an accelerator on my walk behind and really like it. Easy to clean. lightweight. I found out about them on lawnsite. My local dealer had never even seen one before.

iluvscag
05-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Grass Gobbler's are worth a try! :)

SeacoastDesignsL&L
05-10-2005, 09:46 PM
my accelerator industries is real nice, its all aluminum and real light.

Littleriver1
05-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Accelerator is the only way to go.

chefdrp
05-10-2005, 10:40 PM
I have an accelerator also. easy on and off,light as a father, even full.

crosson lawn
05-10-2005, 10:41 PM
k thanks but i was asking what mower should i go with for the best all together mower and bagger bought together system?? or should i just get any wb and throw a accelerator on it?

lawnprosteveo
05-10-2005, 10:42 PM
You may not want to go this way, but if I were doing alot of bagging, I would definitely look at a Walker.

crosson lawn
05-10-2005, 10:47 PM
yes i have looked a the walker and i do like it alot but i am wanting to start cheap first and earn the money to buy a good used or new walker. that is the ultimate bagging system in my opinion and i believe the walker to give the best cut of all mowers. thank you.

Itsgottobegreen
05-10-2005, 11:26 PM
I have almost owned them all. I like my old school grassgobblers. I got 4 and 2 leafgobblers. They take a pounding.

stevo22
05-11-2005, 12:26 AM
I have an accelerator also. easy on and off,light as a father, even full.

not sure about your father, but mine is at least 175lbs!!!! :p :p :p
just kidding...go with the accelerator...love mine...

Richard Martin
05-11-2005, 04:21 AM
GrassPacker. I bought one last year after my Grass Gobbler rusted out and I was a little skeptical at first since it is poly. It's lightweight, will never rust or corrode, extremely impact resistant, the door is on hinges and it sits on it's end so you can open the door easily. I can't say that I'll ever buy another one because I don't see this one ever wearing out.

Something D
05-11-2005, 05:03 AM
Is there a website for grasspacker or the accelerator bagging systems?

Itsgottobegreen
05-11-2005, 09:48 AM
GrassPacker. I bought one last year after my Grass Gobbler rusted out and I was a little skeptical at first since it is poly. It's lightweight, will never rust or corrode, extremely impact resistant, the door is on hinges and it sits on it's end so you can open the door easily. I can't say that I'll ever buy another one because I don't see this one ever wearing out.
They wear out. Mine came with a used Ferris Hydrowalk that I had. After another year of me using it. It wore through. So I replaced it with a grassgobbler.

spcfoor
05-11-2005, 09:58 AM
I have a gravely 36" walkbehind and I bought the bagger with it. It bags great the only thing is I wish it would hold more.

PaulJ
05-11-2005, 10:07 AM
As far as mowers go
I have used Snapper, Lesco, and Hustler walkbehinds.
have also tried scag and exmark
The best overall is the hustler suoer walkbehind, but it isn't the cheapest.
The hustler is the easiest to use and is built up to the same standards as a rider. fast and smooth operation
I have an accelerator on the hustler and it works great. especially with double blades. nice clean even cut
The lescos I have tried have done Ok for a lot less money. I had a 52 with a cloth bag but it has "issues with clippings with or without the bag ( I think the deck may have been bent) I still have a 36" Lesco the does a good job bagging with a grass gobbler and double blades. It isn't near as comfortable or easy to operate as the hustler and needs more maintainers
I worked for a company the had and still has Snapper hydro walks with grass gobblers. They did a nice job nagging and were pretty easy handling. but slow. Also had some maintenance issues. They got the job done and left a nice finish.

That's my experience. You'll probably have to try some for yourself to know what works for you.

wbw
05-11-2005, 11:10 AM
to see what the last LCO was using? If he is retiring perhaps he wants to sell it. Just a thought.