PDA

View Full Version : Sentar vs. ztr.

gunner27
05-11-2005, 12:43 AM
How many of you have used both and what are your experiences?

northwest lawn
05-11-2005, 01:25 AM
bought a sentar in the beginning of the season love it but then an exmark dealer let me use a 52 inch ztr and i loved it put down nice strips easier to operate. more comfortable heavier duty. dont get me wrong the sentar cuts fabulous its not as comfortble as the ztr. will be purchasing an exmark in a few weeks.

lawn and stump
05-11-2005, 08:03 AM
I have 2 Sentars 25hp 61" and have had a 60 " lazer. The Sentars cut slopes better because you can lean and the lower center of gravity. They also fit on my trailer better and they don't look large on the small lawns. the lazer would freak out old ladys. The lazer had a little better cut. The lazer scared me one day with dew on the grass I slid on a slope and ended up in the road, lucky no cars were coming. The sentar has more of the operator weight on the drive tires and if I slid into the road with a car coming I would bale off the back! I have never tried a Sentar sport.

gunner27
05-12-2005, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the replys so far. Anyone else?

Gautreaux's LNG
05-12-2005, 10:39 AM
First of all I have driven both. The Lazer Hydro system is very jumpy, The Hustlers are very smooth,Fast and responsive. The Super Mini Z is the best bar none in its class. Susp. seat, fast and great cut. Don't cheat your self demo the hustlers. Good luck

Itsgottobegreen
05-12-2005, 11:02 AM
I have 2 Sentars 25hp 61" and have had a 60 " lazer. The Sentars cut slopes better because you can lean and the lower center of gravity. They also fit on my trailer better and they don't look large on the small lawns. the lazer would freak out old ladys. The lazer had a little better cut. The lazer scared me one day with dew on the grass I slid on a slope and ended up in the road, lucky no cars were coming. The sentar has more of the operator weight on the drive tires and if I slid into the road with a car coming I would bale off the back! I have never tried a Sentar sport.
EXACTLY what he said. :D

First of all I have driven both. The Lazer Hydro system is very jumpy, The Hustlers are very smooth,Fast and responsive. The Super Mini Z is the best bar none in its class. Susp. seat, fast and great cut. Don't cheat your self demo the hustlers. Good luck
This is about sentar and other ZTR. Not other ZTR verses other ZTR.

jtkplc
05-12-2005, 09:48 PM
I've had the oppurtunity to use a 61" 25 HP Kaw. sentar. I don't like it one bit. The controls are jumpy and hard to squeeze. The seat is terrible, a bicycle seat should not be used on a lawnmower. The cut is good, however. I don't like where you are seated on the sentar. I was thinking Wright should make a bigger stander, along the lines of the sentar. Faster ground speeds, adjustable deck, bigger tires, but still be able to stand on it. I feel that Wright had a good thing with the standers and tried to come out with something else but failed. I'll stick to my 260Z.