PDA

View Full Version : Would your dealer do this for you?

Kelly's Landscaping
05-11-2005, 12:32 AM
I just my account number tonight its 156 lawns and I have another 15 waiting for estimates. So last week my Lazer Z 60 blows the right side hydro pump this is what I do the bulk of my cutting with. Now my dealer has some 50 mowers atm waiting for repairs and he had no way to get mine fixed in time. But I had an order for a new 36TTHP and a new Lazer Z 52. My mower went down last Friday I took it in Saturday and told him my problem he spent the last 2 nights building my new mowers so that I would have something larger enough to cut with for this weeks cuts. So I was called tonight to come down and get them I just got back from there its now 12:30 am he closes at 5 pm but stayed there and opened just for me so I could get the mowers tonight. I do not care how low another dealers prices may go I'll be a loyal customer of Dave to I retire.

ProCare Lawn Service
05-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Awesome dealer! I hope I could be as lucky to find one like that one day.

PLM-1
05-11-2005, 01:04 AM
My grasshopper dealer is like that. I was out mowing on a Sunday and it hit something and broke the bracket that my powerfold connects to my deck on. He was about 100 miles from his shop but he said that he would head there directly to get me back in the field. These are prime examples of EXCELLENT dealer support!

Tharrell
05-11-2005, 02:52 AM
I don't know what the rules are but, I'd like to see an exceptional dealer recognized by name. Mine's like that too.

Big Hoss
05-11-2005, 08:05 AM
My dealer has told me if my equipment cannot be fixed in 24 hrs he will loan me something comparable to use until mine is repaired . My luck it would be an eXmark .
Big Hoss

launboy
05-11-2005, 08:46 AM
12:30 am, wow no that is service.
sorry i had to. :D

Gravely_Man
05-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Reasons like that are why I had to learn how to repair my own equipment. None of the local dealers would ever do anything like that.

Gravely_Man

proenterprises
05-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Kelly-what dealer is that, if you dont mind?
I do not think my dealer would do that. Its funny, I have a hard time developing a relationship with my dealer. Maybe it is because I am younger, but who knows.

wacamaster
05-11-2005, 07:30 PM
That ain't bad, but my dealer beats that. Will throw me a loaner until mine is fixed. And the loaners are their brand new demo exmarks. But i bought an exmark from them so they better do that.

Kelly's Landscaping
05-11-2005, 09:59 PM
The demo was out with someone and he had not built the second demo yet or I would have had that. As for who can not say enough good things about them frenette's power equipment in hamden. I am very glad the exmark rep turned me on to them as they were not my first dealer yet treat my other exmarks the same as if I had bought them from them.

tinman
05-11-2005, 10:16 PM
I just my account number tonight its 156 lawns and I have another 15 waiting for estimates. So last week my Lazer Z 60 blows the right side hydro pump this is what I do the bulk of my cutting with. Now my dealer has some 50 mowers atm waiting for repairs and he had no way to get mine fixed in time. But I had an order for a new 36TTHP and a new Lazer Z 52. My mower went down last Friday I took it in Saturday and told him my problem he spent the last 2 nights building my new mowers so that I would have something larger enough to cut with for this weeks cuts. So I was called tonight to come down and get them I just got back from there its now 12:30 am he closes at 5 pm but stayed there and opened just for me so I could get the mowers tonight. I do not care how low another dealers prices may go I'll be a loyal customer of Dave to I retire.

can not beat that..He is basically saying he WANTS YOUR BUSINESS FROM NOW ON.

Lux Lawn
05-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Sounds like you have a good dealer...he would be the guy to stay loyal to after that.

olderthandirt
05-12-2005, 08:43 PM
My grasshopper dealer is like that. I was out mowing on a Sunday and it hit something and broke the bracket that my powerfold connects to my deck on. He was about 100 miles from his shop but he said that he would head there directly to get me back in the field. These are prime examples of EXCELLENT dealer support!
Mt fat azz little grass hopper dealers gonna get to see my not to nice side tomorrow at 5:00 pm if he don't have my mower fixed by then. Lieing little smurf has me drive 70 miles rd trip becouse he "forgot" to call me and say my machine was not ready when he promised. So I lost another day. Worst part of it is that my deck spindles keep going bad, 3 new ones in 170 hrs and they won't cover them under warrenty and all 3 had the same problem, blades come loose. Dealer says I put them on to tight factory rep says I put them on to loose. I put them on and torqued them according to there manual, and the last time the dealer changed them. When I bought the unit I explained that I needed a replacement if this unit goes down, and was assured that he would always have something there for me to use. Well not now that I need one!!!!. I swear I'll kick the crap out of him tomorrow and dump that grass hopper the moment I get bailed out :realmad: Any of you grass hopper dealers want to jump in on this I'm all ears.

all ferris
05-12-2005, 09:16 PM
My dealer would have a similar size machine for me to use for the 1 day it took him to fix the machine. However, I fix all my own mowers even if its under warranty. I just stop and get the parts and go home and fix the mower. Lawnmowers are generally pretty easy to fix - there isn't much to them.

lawnman_scott
05-12-2005, 09:37 PM
How would people feel if your mower was one of the 50 waiting to get fixed and someone got pushed in front of everyone? Thats why my dealer is great, their name is j-thomas.

TClawn
05-12-2005, 10:41 PM
they wouldn't be my dealer if I was number 50.

Envy Lawn Service
05-13-2005, 01:37 AM
I sure do ENVY you guys who live in places where there are such great dealers. None of the dealers in my area would do that and none of them will probably ever have to worry about improving to that level of service. Why???... Well, because all of them have crappy and/or slow service.

Most of the dealers here stay backed up with non-warranty repairs on homeowner junk, and that makes the priority list because it pays better. Sucks, but that's how it is.

Envy Lawn Service
05-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Mt fat azz little grass hopper dealers gonna get to see my not to nice side tomorrow at 5:00 pm if he don't have my mower fixed by then. Lieing little smurf has me drive 70 miles rd trip becouse he "forgot" to call me and say my machine was not ready when he promised. So I lost another day. Worst part of it is that my deck spindles keep going bad, 3 new ones in 170 hrs and they won't cover them under warrenty and all 3 had the same problem, blades come loose. Dealer says I put them on to tight factory rep says I put them on to loose. I put them on and torqued them according to there manual, and the last time the dealer changed them. When I bought the unit I explained that I needed a replacement if this unit goes down, and was assured that he would always have something there for me to use. Well not now that I need one!!!!. I swear I'll kick the crap out of him tomorrow and dump that grass hopper the moment I get bailed out :realmad: Any of you grass hopper dealers want to jump in on this I'm all ears.

That don't sound right! Not right at all. But trust me... things could be worse.

Anyway, post me your specifics and I'll see if I can help you get to the bottom of your issue. I know what it's like to be in your shoes. So give me your specs and I'll discuss this with a guy who lives in my neighborhood. This guy is good. Heavily certified and good.

daltonbuck
05-19-2005, 11:03 PM
My dealer, Harris and Sons LLC in Southaven, MS is like that. He may not do as far as yours did, but every since i bought my mowers from him he wil stop whatever it is that he is doing to give advice show me ways to fix/maintain my mower and as offered me hella deals on vac systems and other equipment he carries. Very nice man and son. If you live in this area, go see these guys.

captken
05-20-2005, 12:10 AM
My dealer, Harris and Sons LLC in Southaven, MS is like that. He may not do as far as yours did, but every since i bought my mowers from him he wil stop whatever it is that he is doing to give advice show me ways to fix/maintain my mower and as offered me hella deals on vac systems and other equipment he carries. Very nice man and son. If you live in this area, go see these guys.

don't go near Miller's on Dancy....total azz whole.
S&H is also very helpful, located on Goodman Rd. Horn Lake.

saw man
05-20-2005, 12:19 AM
This is the whole reason why you support a dealer! If you buy things from them they "should" bend over backwards for you.

I know we all like the good deals on the net, or a part is a couple dollars cheaper at another dealer, but when you pay a little extra you get alot in return.

I have been a LCO and am now a shop mechanic, I have been in on Sundays, late at night with my son sleeping on a cot at the shop for RELIABLE customers. If they buy stuff elsewhere I would NEVER help them out like my own customers. I have torn apart new machines, for parts, and fixed theirs because they are good customers.

We all want customers and dealers like that no matter if we mow lawns or fix and sell the mowers. Once you find a good customer or dealer stick with them because they will watch out for you and keep you going!

kipcom
05-20-2005, 05:24 AM
Our equipment dealer will come onsite and attempt to repair the unit, if it can not be....then they also bring a loaner. So it either gets repaired or they leave us a loaner...only thing we are out is some time waiting on them to get there.

:cool2:

heavenlydeere
05-20-2005, 08:05 AM
people on here always want to know, what is the BEST machine? well its not what its who, and you just proved it! you bought the best!! you just cannot overlook dealer service when you buy equipment!!!! '' the best machine comes from the best dealer '' !!!

Big Hoss
05-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Got to put my dealer to the test quicker and sooner than I ever hoped I would when the new Hustler Super wb started running real rich and fouling plugs. 2 sets in two hours . Before I could ask or ***** about it he had done fired up a new Kubota ZD 21 with a 60" deck and put it on my trailer . My Hustler Super wb was done the next morning and I regretfully had to return the Kubota and then he made a heck of an offer if I would buy the Kubota .
Maybe next year. It was hard to walk away from that one .
Big Hoss

SOMM
05-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Good post again, Older, and we hope everything goes better on this for you.

Being prospective Grasshopper customers ourselves we're REAL interested ... as no Grasshopper dealer members have as of yet responded to your comments in this thread.

Do we understand you or your lead person are the sole operators of your Grasshoppers - and that you ran over no unseen solid debris or curbs to accomplish this spindle defect ? How new is your Grasshoppers?
ust inerested, thanks in advance, Older.

Alot of us await any other Grasshopper respondents whether company staff members, dealers, or LCO's with this same or similar spindle problems........

Gravely_Man
05-20-2005, 01:11 PM
... Worst part of it is that my deck spindles keep going bad, 3 new ones in 170 hrs and they won't cover them under warrenty and all 3 had the same problem, blades come loose. Dealer says I put them on to tight factory rep says I put them on to loose. ....

Mac, That really sucks to say the least. Please keep us in the loop how this works out. Problems like this is what sets manufactures apart from one another.

Gravely_Man

jrc55
05-20-2005, 02:07 PM
No spindle problems with my Grasshopper and I've got almost 2000 hours on it.

Joe.

Envy Lawn Service
05-20-2005, 10:02 PM
No spindle problems with my Grasshopper and I've got almost 2000 hours on it.

Joe.

Yeah, I'd say Older has an issue there. Probably not his fault and probably something oddball. These things can sometimes be hard to diagnose. But Older either must be fixed up now or not into helping himself... one of the two.

nitrotim
05-20-2005, 10:10 PM

I had some electrical problems with my sentar sport and the dealer had a hard time tracing them down. It went down on me three different times and the dealer brought me out a loaner each time. They finally found it (starter ground wire) and since there was no charge I bought the shop a couple of pizzas for the effort of keeping me cutting. Their prices aren't the best eight but their service is.