PDA

View Full Version : My new building is almost finished...

LawnScapers of Dayton
05-11-2005, 07:56 AM
Here is a pic of my new building. I promised my wife when we moved to this new house that the garage would be a garage not the "shop". So now I will move all the LCO stuff to here......as well as some toys.......

I should get the overhead door later this week and the gravel for the floor also later this week. I am not gonna pay to do do concrete right now.....I will probably do that next year....

cant wait to use it......

Derek

BladeRunner1967
05-11-2005, 08:36 AM
Looks great...How much for materials and labor for that puppy. Also what size is it? Thanks.

gogetter
05-11-2005, 08:41 AM
I never would have thought that a "building" could make me so jealous. But whenever I see photos of members shops that they have, I get very jealous.

Please share any details, like size, cost, special features.

Oh, and congrats!

LawnScapers of Dayton
05-11-2005, 09:19 AM
24x40, all steel skin.....10' side walls

the cost was $9300.........without the floor.

It has a 12'x8' door......I will be wiring it with fluorescent lights and an exhaust fan.

I wanted to be able to pull the trailer and tow vehicle in without unhitching.......

no special features really.....other than freeing up my garage........

Derek

br549oicu8
05-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Having a shop is a dream!! We are just finishing up outside details on our new shop and have been operating out of it since March. Took a few years to save up but it is worth it. Now we can grow as much as we want to and not worry about neighbors or zoning issues as we are located in an industrial zoned park. Here is a pic a while back. 40 x 60 with 14' tall walls. 2 small offices, an ADA compliant restroom. A heated and cooled "shop" area and a 36 x 40 staging area. Love it!!!

br549oicu8
05-11-2005, 09:46 AM
The pic.....
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=104845

Another earlier thread

gogetter
05-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Derek, did you do it yourself, or have it built?

LawnScapers of Dayton
05-11-2005, 01:04 PM
No I had it built........I could have done it but it would have taken 6 months. Honestly there really isn't much to it.

I have very little free time between my wife and kids, fire department (fulltime) and the LCO work. It needed to be done guickly. I also have alot of work to do with the new house. I am currently working on running drainage for the gutters on the house. Next on the list: drywall and finish a bonus room then the basement........

If anyone is interested in the details of the project I would be happy to exchange email.

The one pictured in the other thread is definitely more upscale then mine.....

Materials were about $5000 of the $9300.......

Derek@drmventures.com

Eho
05-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Looks great...So were you saying that shop is on the land where you are building your new house? If so, how far away from the house is that, and how much land is that on.
EHO

jbell113
05-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Thats nice but my open trailer wouldnt even fit in the 8 foot door.

Lux Lawn
05-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Derek
Thats a great looking shop...I hope it works out well for you.It is what I need right about now.

clc2003
05-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Thats nice but my open trailer wouldnt even fit in the 8 foot door.

Yeah, I really like ur shop as well. In fact, I want to build something very similar to that, but i agree about the 8 ft door. How are u goin to get ur plow in there? should of put in a 10 ft door, jmo. Hope u like it and works well for u. :waving: