PDA

View Full Version : Dry already

lawnworker
05-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Whew, it is getting dry out for May 11th in southe east Virginia. How is every one else doing?

dvmcmrhp52
05-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Dry for this time of year..................

extoro
05-11-2005, 06:58 PM
needing rain in southwest missouri

barnard
05-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Its dryer than a popcorn fart. 2nd or 3rd dryest april since 1936 (the dust bowl)and no rain yet this May. I'm already having too skip cuts on about half of my lawns. Need rain very badly.

1MajorTom
05-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Yep getting a little dry here too.

packerbacker
05-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I have yards burning already.

Jason Rose
05-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Yep, the lawns are gettin' dry here too. When it was soooo cold it wasn't really noticible, but now that it's nearly 90 for the highs and the wind is cranking at 20 to 35 mph everyday it's frying fast. We had about 2 tenths the other night but by noon the next day it was dusty again.

crawdad
05-11-2005, 07:55 PM
We got an inch or two of rain yesterday. All at once. A mid-day thunderstorm.
Crawdad

green thum
05-11-2005, 09:19 PM
;) POPCORN FART LMAO!!!!!!!!!it's dry here already,we need a couple days of rain to catch up,i see a drought on the way,yards are already burning .

jpp
05-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Been dry for the past ten days here. Getting a steady rain here now and by the looks of the radar at least for the next couple of hours. That should hold the dust down for a couple of days.

MowerMoney
05-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Pretty dry up here in Southern Ontario too. Weather was quite cool last few weeks then got warm about 5 days ago and made the grass grow like crazy. I've been having to bag or double cut more than usual (hate bagging). But I've been thinking that maybe I should be cutting the lawns longer just in case it doesn't rain soon so they don't burn.

Lawn-Scapes
05-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Yes it's a little dry.......... ISN'T IT GREAT!!!

lawnprosteveo
05-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Whew, it is getting dry out for May 11th in southe east Virginia. How is every one else doing?
This is the most dry spring I can remember. Summer mowing will be tough if the rains dont come soon.

yrdandgardenhandyman
05-11-2005, 11:12 PM
We have had plenty of rain here.

rodfather
05-12-2005, 06:15 AM
Way too dry...only had to double cut 2 lawns this year so far. Not good IMO.

Richard Martin
05-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Yep, it dry here in Maryland too. It's a welcome change from the previous 2-1/2 years of pouring rains every week. Old growth grass is still kicking butt but the new growth is drying out.

DennisF
05-12-2005, 05:22 PM
I read a National Weather Service advisory last week that says due to an abnormal jet-stream pattern...rainfall for May, June and July will be below average for most of the U. S. and Canada.

I don't know how accurate their weather forecasting has been in the past, but if they are right, we could be in for a dry summer.

rodfather
05-12-2005, 06:17 PM
I read a National Weather Service advisory last week that says due to an abnormal jet-stream pattern...rainfall for May, June and July will be below average for most of the U. S. and Canada.

I don't know how accurate their weather forecasting has been in the past, but if they are right, we could be in for a dry summer.

That is NOT what I wanted to hear Dennis...

packerbacker
05-12-2005, 06:37 PM

KC has been getting major storms here for the past 3 days but its all 30-40 mins NORTH of me.

We have a chance tommorow for some rain. Im hoping we get some or its going to be a long summer.:(

sheshovel
05-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Wet and rainy in here,usualy hot an dry by now,were in our 5th yr of drought.

precisioncut
05-12-2005, 08:22 PM
This has been the wettest year on record for southwestern Utah. Our snowpack was about 300% this year. We have been in a drought for about 7 years and looks like we just might end it this year. In Jan we had some of the worst floods seen since the 1800's. We lost 25-35 homes, multiple bridges and other things. The "rivers" that took out these homes were before the flood maybe a 1' deep and 2' wide. They rose so fast and tore away at the banks and took out subdivisions. I never seen anything like that before, one second the house in front of me is there, they poof, its in the river completly gone. The people that lost there homes actually lost the land as weel because it swept down the river with everything else they owned.

pike
05-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Need Rain! Staunton Virginia

Mark McC
05-12-2005, 09:17 PM

Funny you should mention that. I was tracking the NOAA site about this stuff earlier this year and they called the cool March weather in February, but in March, they anticipated a warmer-than-normal April in this part of the mid-Atlantic. Didn't happen that way, quite the reverse.

Everything I cut today needed it, but one or two needed it just barely. Sure hope some wet stuff arrives soon.

Eclipse
05-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Dry here too.